Mulakuppadam Films is an Indian film production and distribution company founded by businessman Tomichan Mulakuppadam. Formed in 2007, head office of Mulakuppadam Films is situated in Kochi, Kerala.
|Founded||Kochi, in 2007|
Mulakuppadam Films debuted in film production through the 2007 Malayalam film Flash, directed by Sibi Malayil starred Mohanlal in lead role. They distributed Malayalam films Minnaminnikoottam and Lollipop in 2008 through Mulakuppadam Release.
Mulakuppadam Films got a break through the 2010 Malayalam film Pokkiri Raja, directed by Vysakh which starred Mammootty and Prithviraj Sukumaran in lead roles. The film was made on a budget of ₹7.80 crores, the gross collection was ₹13 crores. It became highest-grossing Malayalam film of 2010.
The production of Pulimurugan, directed by Vysakh and starring Mohanlal in lead role, started in mid-2015. The film was made for a budget of ₹25 crore, making it one of the most expensive Malayalam films until then. The film was a records breaker at the box office and eventually became the highest-grossing Malayalam film in history. Until 7 November 2016, the film grossed ₹105 crore worldwide, thus Pulimurugan became the first Malayalam film to gross ₹100 crore at the box office. It has grossed more than ₹152 crore worldwide, it establishing the first "100 crore club" and "150 crore club" in the Malayalam film industry.
The films produced are distributed through Mulakuppadam Release which is the associated distribution company formed with Mulakuppadam Films.
|3||Four Friends||2010||Saji Surendran|
|7||Irupathiyonnaam Noottaandu||2018||Arun Gopy|
Following are the list of films he distributed other than the films he produced.
- "Mulakuppadam Films". msidb. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "Movies of Mulakuppadam Films". dronamedia. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Chandrakanth Viswanath (25 December 2016). "The Tiger Behind Pulimurugan". The New Sunday Express. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- Manoj Nair (21 May 2011). "Malayalam movies: Non-linear narratives are making the box-office ring louder". The Economic Times. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Puli Murugan Starts Rolling". filmibeat. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Parvathi, Rakhi (16 October 2016). "The man who pump primed Murugan into a box office roar". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Onmanorama Staff (7 November 2016). "It's official: Mohanlal's 'Pulimurugan' first Malayalam movie to enter Rs 100cr club". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "മുപ്പത് ദിവസം; പുലിമുരുകൻ വാരിയത് 100 കോടി". Mathrubhumi. 7 November 2016. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Nair, Sree Prasad (9 January 2017). "2016 Box Office Kings : Mohanlal is the only Malayalam actor among top 5, Aamir Khan tops the list, followed by Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan". Catch News. Retrieved 16 January 2017.