Michael Green (writer)
Michael Green is an American television, film and comic book writer.
|Genres||Film, television, comic books|
Film and televisionEdit
Green is the creator and writer of the 2009 NBC series Kings, a drama based on the biblical story of King David but set in an alternate present. Green's other television credits include Everwood, Smallville, Jack and Bobby, Sex and the City, and Heroes. In 2012, he wrote and executive produced a pilot for ABC entitled Gotham and was an executive producer on the ABC series The River.
Green's feature credits include Green Lantern. In 2007, Michael, along with the rest of the Heroes writing staff, was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series and the WGA Award for New Series. Heroes won the award for Favorite New TV Drama at the 33rd annual People's Choice Awards.
He has written or co-written four films released or set to be released in 2017, James Mangold's Logan, Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant, Denis Villeneuve's Blade Runner 2049, and Kenneth Branagh's Murder on the Orient Express.
Michael Green's first publication in the comic book world was Batman: Lovers and Madmen, written for DC Comics. Following that, Green began writing for the monthly DC publication Superman/Batman, starting with issue #44. Shortly thereafter he was joined by writer Mike Johnson. Together they worked on Superman/Batman through issue #63.
They later collaborated again on the 2011 reboot of Supergirl (issues #0-#12).
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Sex and the City (TV) (writer)
- Cupid (TV) (writer)
- Snoops (writer)
- Smallville (co-producer)
- Jack & Bobby (supervising producer)
- Everwood (The WB) (co-executive producer)
- Heroes (writer) (co-executive producer)
- Kings (executive producer)
- Green Lantern (writer)
- The River (showrunner and executive producer)
- Logan (writer)
- Alien: Covenant (writer)
- Blade Runner 2049 (writer)
- Murder on the Orient Express (writer)
- American Gods (developed by, writer & executive producer)
- Batman: Lovers and Madmen (2008) (with Denys Cowan)
- Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite (2008) (with Mike Johnson)
- Superman/Batman: Finest Worlds (2009) (with Mike Johnson)
Awards and nominationsEdit
- Emmy Award: Outstanding Drama Series – Heroes (2007 nomination shared with Tim Kring, (executive producer), Dennis Hammer (executive producer), Allan Arkush(executive producer), Greg Beeman (co-executive producer), Jesse Alexander (co-executive producer), Jeph Loeb (co-executive producer), Bryan Fuller (co-executive producer), Natalie Chaidez (co-executive producer), James Chory (produced by), Adam Armus (supervising producer), and Nora Kay Foster
- Writers Guild of America Award: New Series – Heroes (2007)
- ScreenCrush magazine: "Bryan Fuller On ‘Hannibal’ Season 3, A ‘Silence of the Lambs’ Reboot and ‘American Gods’" by Erin Whitney December 8, 2015
- "'Prometheus 2' Lands 'Green Lantern' Writer; May Feature Multiple Michael Fassbenders (Exclusive)". TheWrap. 2014-03-24. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "Hugh Jackman's 'Wolverine' Lands 'Blade Runner 2' Writer Michael Green (Exclusive)". TheWrap. 2015-04-24. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "Murder on the Orient Express Remake Gets Writer". Slashfilm. 2015-03-11. Retrieved 2017-02-16.