|• Body||Memari Municipality|
|Elevation||25 m (82 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bardhaman Purba|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Memari|
|Cities and towns in the Bardhaman Sadar South subdivision of Purba Bardhaman district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town, R: rural/ urban centre.
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Memari is located at. It has an average elevation of 25 metres (82 feet).
95.54% of the population of Bardhaman Sadar South subdivision live in the rural areas. Only 4.46% of the population live in the urban areas, and that is the lowest proportion of urban population amongst the four subdivisions in Purba Bardhaman district.The map alongside presents some of the notable locations in the subdivision. All places marked in the map are linked in the larger full screen map.
As per the 2011 Census of India Memari had a total population of 41,451, of which 20,957 (51%) were males and 20,494 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 3,809. The total number of literates in Kalna was 31,935 (77.04% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Memari had a population of 36,191. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Memari has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 63%. In Memari, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Memari has thirteen primary, two secondary and three higher secondary schools.Memari Vidyasagar memorial Institution is the higher secondary school for boys, established in 1892.
Memari is a bus stop for many SBSTC buses going to/ coming from Kolkata .
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Bardhaman". Table 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Bardhaman". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "Purba Bardhaman District Police". Police Station. West Bengal Police. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "2011 Census - Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Memari College". MC. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- Memari Rasiklal Smriti Balika Vidyalaya school for girls 7th All-India School Education Survey 2003 Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Eastern Railway local time table
- "Road - Highway". Public Works Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- Google maps