This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Mayapada Group is an Indonesian-based conglomerate founded by Dato Sri Tahir in 1986. Tahir started this with a garment and textile manufacturing business, and four years later, he founded Bank Mayapada . The garment business no longer exists. The bank went public at the Jakarta Stock Exchange and survived the 1997 economic crisis and managed to expand further after the crisis. With foreign investment partners from the US, UAE and Singapore, the bank now has over 100 branches throughout Indonesia, and in 2007 has been voted as the second best public bank outside state-owned banks by InfoBank magazine, a banking magazine in Indonesia. Mayapada also concerns;
- The retail industry through partnership with Duty Free Shoppers owned by LVMH, with shops in Jakarta and Bali.
- The property industry with four office towers in the Jakarta CBD area, Mayapada Tower, Menara Topas, Permata Tower 1 and Sona Topas Tower. In Bali, Mayapada developed Mal Bali Galleria, the largest mall in the island, and all-suites Regent Bali Hotel and Residence in Sanur district.
- The healthcare industry, running a hospital and building another one called Mayapada Hospital.
|Founder||Dato Sri Tahir|
|Dato Sri Tahir|
Tahir is a Christian and lives in Jakarta with his family. He has also been appointed to the board of trustees at the University of California, Berkeley, becoming the first man from Southeast Asia to hold this position. Through the Tahir Foundation, Tahir has made charitable donations to numerous fields including healthcare, education, legal reformation and has contributed a combined $200 million investment alongside the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation into tacking social and welfare problems in Indonesia.
On April 2011, Tahir donated $1 million to the University of California, Berkeley, for international student fellowships for students in the full-time MBA program at Berkeley-Haas. He was a member of the university's board of trustees.
- PT Banten Media Global Televisi (MYTV)
- PT Metropolitan Televisindo (RTV)
- Guo Ji Ri Bao
- PT Wahana Mediatama (Forbes)
- PT Elia Mediatama Indonesia (Elle)
- PT Karya Kreatif Bersama (Topas TV)
- PT Bank Mayapada Internasional Tbk (Bank Mayapada)
- PT Sompo Insurance Indonesia (Sompo)
- PT Zurich Insurance Indonesia (Zurich Insurance)
- PT Zurich Topas Life (Zurich Life)
- PT Mayapada Properti Indonesia Tbk
- PT Mayapada Healthcare Group
- PT Precise Pacific Realty (Mayapada Tower)
- Mayapada Banua Center
- Regent Bali Hotel and Residence
- Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali
- Mall Bali Galleria
- PT Sona Topas Tourism Industry Tbk (Sonatour)
- PT Inti Dufree Promosindo (DFS)
- Tahir Foundation
- "Bank Mayapada". Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "Mayapada Group, About Us, Profile Founder". mayapadagroup.com. 2019. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Executive Profile - Tahir (M.B.A.) Founder and Chairman of the Board, Mayapada Group". bloomberg.com. 2019. Retrieved 25 May 2019.