This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2021)
Rajawali Televisi (RTV, stylized as rtv) is a commercial television network in Indonesia, owned by Rajawali Corpora. RTV is currently segmented as "family television", licensed via the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, and its frequency is coordinated through the Department of Transportation. RTV officially aired for the first time on 1 November 2009, in Jakarta as B-Channel. With its airtime 24 hours, RTV's current programs focus on entertainment, soft news, and a variety of animation programs, ranging from anime, tokusatsu and children's animation. B-Channel changed its name to RTV with the launch of Langit Rajawali on 3 May 2014.
|Headquarters||Atrium Mulia Building, Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav. B 10-11 Setiabudi, South Jakarta|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV 16:9|
(downscaled to 576i 16:9 for the SDTV feed)
|Owner||PT Metropolitan Televisindo|
|Launched||20 October 2008 (trial broadcast)|
1 November 2009 (original; official broadcast)
3 May 2014 (relaunched as RTV)
|Former names||B-Channel (2009-2014)|
|UseeTV||Watch live (IndiHome customers only)|
In 2016, Mayapada acquired 20% stake in RTV ownership from Rajawali Corpora. Mayapada later acquired another television network INTV (formerly Banten TV), which in 2019 relaunched as MYTV.
B-Channel was co-founded by Sofia Koswara and Rajawali Corpora in 2008, at the time was relayed through a local television station in Cikarang, TVN (now part of RTV regional stations); which later launched on 1 November 2009. In 2012, Rajawali Corpora bought Sofia Koswara's stake in B-Channel. On 3 May 2014, B-Channel changed name to RTV during the Langit Rajawali show. In August 2016, Mayapada Group acquired 20% stocks of RTV.
On 30 March 2017 on their press conference, RTV announced they're will more focus on children's programmes, resulted that the majority of RTV programs were drifted towards children-focused. In February 2018, RTV opened its mini studio at KidZania Jakarta.
RTV broadcasts from Greater Jakarta and surrounding areas, reaching over 23 UHF frequencies. Since August 2018, RTV is available throughout Indonesia from satellite Telkom-4 (previously from satellite Apstar 6 and Palapa D). Additionally, RTV broadcasts can be watched from subscription television, including Transvision, IndiHome, First Media, and Skynindo. This is in addition to RTV's transmitter network.
In terms of coverage, RTV is among the top TV networks in Indonesia. It currently has 44 transmission stations in 206 cities in the country. The TV is also available on other platforms, such as pay TV, online streaming and other digital media.
|Location||Channel number (UHF)|
|Bengkalis||51 (coming soon)||41 (coming soon)|
|Biak||36 (coming soon)|
|Bireuën||54 (coming soon)|
|Bojonegoro||57 (coming soon)|
|Dumai||54 (via Dumai TV) (coming soon)|
|Ende||31 (coming soon)|
|Gunung Sitoli||45 (coming soon)|
|Lubuklinggau||41 (coming soon)|
|Masamba||54 (coming soon)|
|Nunukan||47 (coming soon)||24 (coming soon)|
|Pacitan||50 (coming soon)|
|Pandeglang||52 (coming soon)|
|Palopo||21 (coming soon)|
|Parepare||42 (coming soon)|
|Purwakarta||61||31 (coming soon)|
|Rantauprapat||33 (coming soon)||48 (coming soon)|
|Sabang||49 (coming soon)|
|Sampit||25 (coming soon)|
|Sawahlunto||48 (coming soon)|
|Sibolga||45 (coming soon)|
|Sinabang||38 (coming soon)|
|Singkil||48 (coming soon)|
|Sungaipenuh||41 (coming soon)|
|Tarakan||59 (coming soon)|
|Tasikmalaya||24 (coming soon)|
|Tual||60 (coming soon)|
|Wamena||44 (coming soon)|
The aforementioned animation programming airs from 12 to 16 hours in weekdays, consisting of children's animated series from morning to afternoon, and anime/tokusatsu series in the evening. RTV also has a time slot known as Zona Ceria; now had been split into Sinema Ceria, Sinema Keluarga, Mega Hero, Super Anime and Super Girly (see #Time slots).
RTV has a news programming entitled Lensa Indonesia (formerly Lensa Sore); which airs on morning, noon, afternoon, and midnight. RTV airs criminal news entitled CSI: Catatan Seputar Investigasi, Turn Back Crime, and 10-2: Lihat, Lapor, Lacak. During 2014 and 2015 elections, RTV also airs Indonesia Menentukan.
On 27 September 2020, Lensa Indonesia Sore ended due to entry of children's programmes; and replaced by the expanded slot of short news Lensa Indonesia Update.
From 2017 to 2018, anniversary specials aired on Pesta Sahabat, formerly was stand-alone and not-made-for-kids from 2015 to 2016. For celebrates its 5th anniversary, RTV airs Hey Tayo on 3 May 2019; which based on children's animated series Tayo the Little Bus. At this time, RTV old mascot Mr. Ravi, was replaced by Rio, which depicted as purple-colored superhero with eagle head-like helmet; although currently its mascots are usually rarely used. RTV does not airs 6th anniversary specials in 2020.
Time slots (only used on promos and official show names)Edit
- Drama Korea: Korean dramas slot, now replaced with Mega Korea
- Female Corner: Shows intended for women audiences
- Mega Aksi: Chinese and Asian colossal dramas slot
- Mega Hero: Tokusatsu series in evening, split from Sinema Keluarga
- Mega Klasik Indonesia: Indonesian colossal dramas slot.
- Mega Indonesia: Indonesian Classic TV dramas slot
- Mega Korea: Korean dramas slot which replaces Drama Korea
- Satwa Mania: Documentaries about animals
- Sinema Ceria: Animated series slot, which replaced Zona Ceria as time slot; usually airs in morning
- Sinema Keluarga: Another animated series slot, usually afternoon and evening
- Super Anime: Anime series slot
- Super Girly: Animated series which intended for girls, now no longer branded
- Zona Ceria: Early time slot for children's animated series. Now, this name is used for sponsored school events and Giveaway activity was held by RTV
- Inside Big City (20 October 2008 – 31 October 2009, during trial broadcast)
- B Inspired! (1 November 2009 – 31 December 2010)
- Inspirasi Keluarga Anda (1 January 2011 – 30 September 2012)
- Inspirasi Anda (1 October 2012 – 3 May 2014)
- Untuk Indonesia (3 May 2014 – 1 June 2018)
- Makin Cakep (1 June 2018 – present)
- Setahun di Langit (2015)
- Harmoni Cinta (2016)
- Cak3p (2017)
- RTV 4 Makin Cakep (2018)
- Sahabat Tayo (2019)
- RTV 5 Makin Cakep: Hey Tayo (2019)
- RTV 6 Cakepan Dirumah (2020)
- RTV 7Agoan Kemenangan Negeri Rajawali (2021)
- (in Indonesian) Official website