This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Maya Erskine (born May 7, 1987) is an American actress and writer best known for her roles as Maggie in Man Seeking Woman and Mikki in Betas. In 2019, she began starring in the Hulu original, PEN15, alongside Anna Konkle. The duo, who also co-created and co-executive produce the series, play fictional versions of their 13-year-old selves.
|Born||May 7, 1987|
|Alma mater||New York University|
|Parent(s)||Peter Erskine (father)|
Mutsuko Erskine (mother)
Erskine was born in Los Angeles, the daughter of Mutsuko and Peter Erskine, a jazz drummer. Her mother is Japanese, from Tokyo, and her father is of European descent. Her mother played the role of Erskine's mother on PEN15.
Erskine attended Crossroads School for Arts & Sciences and graduated from Los Angeles County High School for the Arts. She then went to Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. Erskine initially studied musical theater but shifted to the school's Experimental Theater Wing.
Erskine has performed with the Los Angeles-based theater groups the East West Players and the Geffen Playhouse. She also appeared in the friendship-based film Wine Country, opposite a slate of female comedians, including Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, and Rachel Dratch.
|2018||When Jeff Tried to Save the World||Samantha|
|2013||Hart of Dixie||Nessie||2 episodes|
|2013||High School USA!||Student (voice)||4 episodes|
|2014||Next Time on Lonny||Charika||Episode: "Lonny is Famous"|
|2015||Stone Quackers||(voices)||2 episodes|
|2015||Man Seeking Woman||Maggie||10 episodes|
|2015||Big Time in Hollywood, FL||Venice||Episode: "What Dreams May Come"|
|2016||Son of Zorn||April Lee||Episode: "A Taste of Zephyria"|
|2017||Michael Bolton's Big, Sexy Valentine's Day Special||Susan||TV movie|
|2016||Insecure||Diane Nakamura||6 episodes|
|2017||Wet Hot American Summer: 10 Years Later||Ginny||3 episodes|
- "'Man Seeking Woman's Maya Erskine on "Dating Hitler"". Kore Asian Media. April 30, 2015. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Davis, Allison P. (February 14, 2019). "How PEN15 Made Two 30-Year-Olds Look 13". The Cut. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Villarreal, Yvonne. "'PEN15' creators Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle on playing their uncool 13-year-old selves". latimes.com. Retrieved February 16, 2019.
- Tauer, Kristen (May 10, 2019). "Maya Erskine Breaks Out With a Little Help From Her Friends". WWD. Retrieved May 28, 2019.
- Zaw, Catherine (Spring 2014). "Maya Erskine, of Amazon's 'Betas' TV Show, Challenges Hollywood's Status Quo". Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- Fallon, Kevin (May 1, 2019). "Maya Erskine Is About to Be Hollywood's Biggest Comedy Star". Retrieved May 28, 2019.
- "SM Drama Student Wins Major Award: - Santa Monica Mirror". Santa Monica Mirror. July 20, 2005. Retrieved August 5, 2017.
- "The Classical Studio Alumni". tisch.nyu.edu. Retrieved August 5, 2017.
- "'PEN15' Stars Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle in Conversation". PAPER. March 13, 2019. Retrieved May 28, 2019.
- Yap, Audrey Cleo (April 13, 2016). "Celebrating Its 50th Theatre Season, East West Players Looks to the Future". NBC News. Retrieved August 5, 2017.
- Playhouse, Geffen. "Media Center Cast". www.geffenplayhouse.org. Retrieved August 5, 2017.