|Bishop of Lodi|
Bishop Malvestiti, the day of his consecration
|Church||Roman Catholic Church|
|See||Diocese of Lodi|
|In office||2014 – present|
|Ordination||June 11, 1977|
by Mgr Clemente Gaddi
|Consecration||October 11, 2014|
by Cardinal Leonardo Sandri
|Born||August 25, 1953|
|Previous post||Professor at seminary of Bergamo|
Official at the Congregation for the Oriental Churches
|Coat of arms|
Born in the village of Marne, frazione of Filago in 1953, Malvestiti was baptized in the saint Bartholmew parish church. He studied at the seminary of Bergamo and was ordained as a priest in 1977. He continued his theological studies in Rome and also perfected his knowledge of French and English.
From 1978 to 1994 he taught at the seminary of Bergamo. From 1994 to 2009 he was an official at the Congregation for the Oriental Churches. On June 19, 2009, he became the under-secretary of the congregation, becoming the private secretary of the three prefects, cardinals Achille Silvestrini, Ignace Moussa I Daoud and Leonardo Sandri.
On August 26, 2014, Pope Francis appointed him as the new Bishop of Lodi; He was consecrated on October 11, 2014, by Cardinal Leonardo Sandri in St. Peter's Basilica and installed in Lodi on October 26 following, welcome and proclaimed bishop from cardinal Angelo Scola. The solemn liturgy is celebrated by quite all the priests of the diocese, the cathedral chapter, by cardinal Leonardo Sandri, and several bishops, including Giacomo Capuzzi, Nino Staffieri, Diego Coletti and Claudio Baggini.
- L'Eco di Bergamo.it (August 26, 2014). "La Diocesi di Bergamo in festa – Mons. Malvestiti vescovo di Lodi" (in Italian). L'Eco di Bergamo. Archived from the original on August 27, 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- Bollettino Sala Stampa della Santa Sede (August 26, 2014). "Rinunce e nomine, 26.08.2014" (in Italian). http://press.vatican.va. Retrieved August 26, 2014. External link in
- L'Eco di Bergamo.it (June 19, 2009). "Il bergamasco mons. Maurizio Malvestiti Sottosegretario alle Chiese Orientali" (in Italian). L'Eco di Bergamo. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- Il Cittadino.it (August 26, 2014). "Mons. Malvestiti nuovo vescovo" (in Italian). Il Cittadino. Archived from the original on September 29, 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- Il Cittadino.it (August 27, 2014). "Il primo messaggio ai fedeli (The first message to the faithful)" (in Italian). Il Cittadino. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- Carlo D'Elia (October 27, 2014). "Nuovo vescovo di Lodi: il forte abbraccio dei fedeli" (in Italian). Il Giorno.it. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- Carlo D'Elia (July 4, 2015). "Don Uggè nuovo vicario generale" (in Italian). ilcittadino.it. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- Official website of the Diocese of Lodi (in Italian)
|Catholic Church titles|
| Bishop of Lodi
August 26, 2014 – present