for the Jatiya Sangsad
Members of ParliamentEdit
|1986||Azizur Rahman||Awami League|
|1988||Gias Uddin Chowdhury||Jatiya Party|
|1991||Azizur Rahman||Awami League|
|1996||Saifur Rahman||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
|Nov 2001 by-election||Naser Rahman||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
|2008||Syed Mohsin Ali||Awami League|
|2015 by-election||Syeda Saira Mohsin||Awami League|
|2018||Nesar Ahmed||Awami League|
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Syed Mohsin Ali died in September 2015. Syeda Saira Mohsin, his widow, was elected unopposed in November 2015 after the Election Commission disqualified the other four candidates in the by-election scheduled for December 2015.
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Syed Mohsin Ali||144,921||55.3||N/A|
|CPB||Syed Abu Zafar Ahmed||1,264||0.5||N/A|
|BSD||Mamunur Rashid Sohel||997||0.4||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
Saifur Rahman stood for two seats in the October 2001 general election: Sylhet-1 and Moulvibazar-3. After winning both, he chose to represent the former and quit the latter, triggering a by-election. Naser Rahman, his son, was elected on the BNP ticket in a November 2001 by-election.
|JP(E)||Syed Sahab Uddin Ahmad||6,201||5.7||N/A|
|Awami League||Azizur Rahman||95,319||45.7||+8.5|
|Bangladesh Samajtantrik Dal (Basad-Khalekuzzaman)||Mamunur Rashid||485||0.2||N/A|
|Independent||Md. A. Matin||371||0.2||N/A|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Awami League||Azizur Rahman||63,177||37.2||-4.9|
|JP(E)||Gias Uddin Chowdhury||15,170||8.9||-20.1|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Sirajul Islam Motlib||3,530||2.1||N/A|
|IOJ||Jobayer Ahmed Chowdhury||2,237||1.3||N/A|
|JSD||Md. Abdul Haq||535||0.3||-1.5|
|Bangladesh Muslim League (Jamir Ali)||Md. Abdul Matin||427||0.3||N/A|
|Independent||Nilufar Zaman Nila Chowdhury||255||0.2||N/A|
|Zaker Party||Saeed Ullah||249||0.2||0.0|
|Bangladesh Samajtantrik Dal (Khalekuzzaman)||Badrul Hossain||210||0.1||N/A|
|BNP gain from Awami League|
|Awami League||Azizur Rahman||55,977||42.1|
|JP(E)||Gias Uddin Ahmed||35,528||29.0|
|JSD||Md. Abdul Haq||2,344||1.8|
|JSD (R)||Nasir Uddin Chowdhury||419||0.3|
|Zaker Party||Ibrahim Khalil Azadi||297||0.2|
|Awami League gain from JP(E)|
- "Moulvibazar-3". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "District Statistics 2011: Sylhet" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Ex-minister Mohsin Ali's widow wins Moulvibazar by-polls". bdnews24.com. 23 November 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2018.
- Ahmed, Taib (15 December 2013). "AL closer to majority before voting". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Litany Of Allegations". The Daily Star. 5 February 2007. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Statistical Report: 8th Parliament Election" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. pp. 358, 367. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.