Maria Bengtsson (badminton)
|Born||5 March 1964|
She won two silver medals at the World Badminton Championships, one in 1985 in mixed doubles with Stefan Karlsson and another in 1991 in women's doubles with Christine Magnusson. She won a bronze medal at the 1989 IBF World Championships in women's doubles, also with Magnusson.
Bengtsson competed in badminton at the 1992 Summer Olympics in women's singles and women's doubles with Catrine Bengtsson, and they lost in the quarterfinals to Guan Weizhen and Nong Qunhua, of China, 15-4, 15-9.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Maria Bengtsson". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 2016-12-02. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "International Badminton Champions". HickokSports. Archived from the original on 2013-01-26. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
- "Draws and results at the 1989 World Championships". InternationalBadminton.org. Archived from the original on 2007-10-22. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
- "Draws and results at the 1992 Summer Olympics". InternationalBadminton.org. Archived from the original on 2007-10-22. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
- Maria Bengtsson at BWF.tournamentsoftware.com
- Maria Bengtsson at the International Olympic Committee
- Maria Bengtsson at the Sveriges Olympiska Kommitté (in Swedish)
|This biographical article relating to Swedish badminton is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|