European Badminton Championships
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The European Badminton Championships is a tournament organized by the Badminton Europe (BE).
The first of these competitions was held in 1968. The competition was held once every two years to determine the best badminton players in Europe. European Mixed Team Badminton Championships usually started prior to the individual championships until it was split in 2009. From 2017 on the European badminton championship is held annually except for the year with European Games. Since 2008, it is being graded as a Grand Prix Gold tournament by the Badminton World Federation.
Location of the European ChampionshipsEdit
The table below gives an overview of all host cities and countries of the European Championships.
On 15 January 2008, Manchester of England won the bid to stage the 2010 event which saw the separation the team event into different championships. Starting from 2017, the championship will be an annual event except for the year with European Games.
Individual events (1968–present)Edit
Mixed team event (1972–2006)Edit
Below is the list of the most ever successful players in the European Badminton Championships:
|Kamilla Rytter Juhl||5||2||7|
|Totals (15 nations)||139||135||241||515|
- "European Championships 2008". Badminton World Federation. Archived from the original on 20 November 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "BWF World Rankings (4/22/2010)". Badminton World Federation. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Liverpool and Manchester win their European Championship bids". Retrieved 2008-01-20.[permanent dead link]
- "Two tournaments which were previously suspended, have been cancelled". bwfbadminton.com. Badminton World Federation. 9 June 2020. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- European Championships, Individuals at badmintoneurope.com