Singapore Open (badminton)
The Singapore Open is a badminton event that has been held in Singapore annually since 1960. Badminton World Federation categorized Singapore Open as one of the seven BWF World Tour Super 500 events in the BWF events structure since 2018.
In 1987–1989, the tournament known as the Konica Cup an invitation championships exclusively for Asian players, and in 1990, for the first time entered the International Badminton Federation Grand Prix circuit. In 2007, Singapore Open was part of the BWF Super Series event.
Performances by nationEdit
- As of 2019 tournament; 1987–1989 had no mixed doubles tournament.
- "BWF Launches New Events Structure". 19 November 2017.
- "Singapore on GP list". eresources.nlb.gov.sg. The Straits Times. 18 October 1989. p. 31. Retrieved 16 March 2020.
- Singapore Super Series: Past Champions Archived 19 March 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "BWF Announces Revamped Tournament Calendar for 2020". bwfbadminton.com. Badminton World Federation. 25 May 2020. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "SINGAPORE OPEN 2021 CANCELLED". bwfbadminton.com. Badminton World Federation. 12 May 2021. Retrieved 12 May 2021.