Mardin (electoral district)
Mardin is an electoral district of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey. It elects six members of parliament (deputies) to represent the province of the same name for a four-year term by the D'Hondt method, a party-list proportional representation system.
for the Grand National Assembly of Turkey
Mardin shown within Turkey
|Current electoral district|
|Turnout at last election||82.39%|
5 / 6
1 / 6
Population reviews of each electoral district are conducted before each general election, which can lead to certain districts being granted a smaller or greater number of parliamentary seats. Mardin's seat allocation has varied little over the last sixty years, keeping around the six seats it has today.
There are currently six sitting members of parliament representing Mardin, three of which are from the governing party. Van was a district where the pro-Kurdish Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) ran independent candidates in an attempt to overcome the 10 percent national electoral threshold. Three independent candidates were elected here in 2011; two have since joined the BDP.
|MPs for Mardin, 1999 onwards|
|Seat||1999 (21st parliament)||2002 (22nd parliament)||2007 (23rd parliament)||2011 (24th parliament)||June 2015 (25th parliament)|
|Gönül Bekin Şahkulubey
|Mehmet Beşir Hamidi
|Mehmet Halit Demir
|Mehmet Ali Aslan
Independent (BDP) / HDP
DTP / Independent
|6||Mustafa Kemal Tuğmaner
Independent (DTP/BDP) / HDP
Unelected candidates in small text.
|AK Party||Muammer Güler, Gönül Bekin Şahkulubey, Abdurrahim Akdağ||103,402||32.17|
|HAS Party||None elected||2097||0.65||N/A|
|Nationalist Conservative||None elected||240||0.07|
|Liberal Democrat||None elected||129||0.04|
|AK Party||Recep Tayyip Erdoğan||119,362||36.61|
|Selahattin Demirtaş win|
- Ran in 2011 as an independent candidate and joined the BDP afted being elected.
- Ran as an independent candidate in 2007 and joined the DTP after being elected. Was expelled as an MP when that party was closed down in 2009. Ran as an independent in 2011 and is currently prohibited from joining any political party. Resigned in 2014 to contest the 2014 local elections and was elected as the Mayor of Mardin.
- Ran as an independent candidate in 2007 and joined the DTP after being elected.
- Ran as an independent candidate in 2011 and joined the BDP after being elected.
-  Turkish electoral commission
-  Hürriyet
- DSP in 2011 is compared to CHP in 2007, under whose list it ran that year