Mannan Shaah is an Indian film music director, singer and music composer, who predominantly works in Hindi films. He composed music for the 2018 film Namaste England, the 2017 film Commando 2: The Black Money Trail and the 2013 film Commando: A One Man Army. He also given his voice for the film Kucch Luv Jaisaa (2011).
|Born||20 September 1987|
|Origin||Nangalpur, Kutch, Gujarat, India|
|Occupation(s)||Music director, composer, singer|
|Labels||T-Series, Sony Music|
He went to Shree Chandulal Nanavati Vinay Mandir and completed his Bachelor's degree from St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. He learnt music from late Pandit Vinayak Vora and started his training in classical music at the age of five. He assisted music director Pritam for two years. He is a disciple of Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
In 2011, Mannan started his career as a singer with Vipul Amrutlal Shah's Kucch Luv Jaisaa and lent his voice for two songs, Thoda Sa Pyaar and Baadlon Pe Paon. In 2013, he debuted in Bollywood as music composer with Commando: A One Man Army. Later, Mannan composed music for films such as Commando 2: The Black Money Trail (2017) and Namaste England (2018). Shaah has composed the hit song Tere Dil Mein from Commando 2: The Black Money Trail, sung by Armaan Malik, was well received by audience.
As a playback singerEdit
|2011||Kucch Luv Jaisaa||"Badal Pe Paaon"||Pritam||Irshad Kamil|
|"Thoda Sa Pyaar (Raghav's Search for Love)"|
|2018||Namaste England||"Ziddi Hai Dil"||Mannan Shah||Javed Akhtar|
As a music composerEdit
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2013||Commando: A One Man Army||"Lutt Jawaan"||Dhruv Sangari||Mayur Puri|
|"Saawan Bairi"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan|
|"Lena Dena"||Daler Mehndi|
|2017||Commando 2: The Black Money Trail||"Commando (Title Track)"||Aditi Singh Sharma||Kumaar|
|"Commando (English Version)"|
|"Seedha Saadha"||Amit Mishra|
|"Seedha Saadha (Reprise Version)"||Jubin Nautiyal|
|"Tere Dil Mein"||Armaan Malik||Aatish Kapadia|
|"Tere Dil Mein (Club Mix)"|
|2018||Namaste England||"Tere Liye"||Atif Aslam, Akanksha Bhandari||Javed Akhtar|
|"Tu Meri Main Tera"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Shadab Faridi, Altamash Faridi, Mannan Shaah|
|"Ziddi Hai Dil"||Mannan Shah|
|"Dhoom Dhadaka"||Shahid Mallya, Antara Mitra|
|"Kya Kahoon Janeman"||Shashaa Tirupati, Mannan Shaah|
|2019||Commando 3||"Akhiyaan Milavanga"||Arijit Singh,Sruthy Sasidharan||Sahil Sultanpuri|
|"Main Woh Raat Hoon||Ankit Tiwari||Abhendra Kumar Upadhyay|
- Soumya, Vajpayee Tiwari (12 March 2018). "These Bollywood Composers Don't Duet". Mid Day.
- Debarati, Sen (25 February 2017). "`Giving Commando 2 a musical value was a big challenge'". The Times of India.
- "Recording with a 32-piece orchestra: Mannan Shaah". Daily News and Analysis. 16 April 2018.
- Sanyukta, Iyer (13 February 2018). "On song with Parineeti Chopra and Arjun Kapoor". Mumbai Mirror.
- इन गानों में परिणीति चोपड़ा और अर्जुन कपूर के बीच दमदार केमिस्ट्री. Navbharat Times (in Hindi). 13 February 2018.
- "Melody First". Box Office India. 24 February 2017.
- V, Lakshmi (24 March 2017). "Composer Mannan Shaah learns the ancient instrument tarshenai". The Times of India.
- Maskeri, Anju (8 April 2018). "This Bollywood Composer Is Keeping The Art Of Symphony Orchestra Alive". Mid Day.
- "Live musical instruments increase the value of a song: Mannan Shaah". Radioandmusic.com. 16 February 2017.
- "Taar Shehnai may return to Indian film music". Radioandmusic.com. 25 April 2017.
- "Promising composer making inroads in Bollywood". Musicunplugged.in. 15 April 2018.
- Singh, Upama. विपुल शाह की अगली फिल्म में मनन का म्यूजिक. Navbharat Times (in Hindi).