Manila Memorial Park – Sucat
The Meditation Tower within the cemetery grounds
|Owned by||Manila Memorial Park, Inc.|
The Manila Memorial Park in Parañaque was established in 1964 when the city was still a municipality of Rizal province. In August 1985, it became the first cemetery to host a modern crematorium in a memorial park setting, having been established a year after Pope Paul IV lifted the ban on cremation for Catholics. The cemetery became part of a larger network of burial sites of Manila Memorial Park, Inc. with five other cemeteries under the Manila Memorial Park brand opened in other parts of the Philippines.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Memorial Memorial Park is the site of burial of several Filipino notable individuals which includes politicians, actors, and athletes.
- Corazon Aquino (1933–2009), 11th President of the Philippines
- Benigno Aquino Jr. (1932–1983), Senator of the Philippines
- Narciso Ramos (1900–1986), former Minister of Foreign Affairs and father of former president Fidel V. Ramos
- Leticia Ramos-Shahani (1929–2017), Senator of the Philippines and the younger sister of former president Fidel V. Ramos
- Josephine Martinez Ramos (1957–2011), musician, athlete and daughter of former president Fidel V. Ramos
- Sotero Laurel (1918–2009), Senator of the Philippines
- Robert Barbers (1944–2005), Senator of the Philippines
- Leandro Mendoza (1946–2013), former Secretary of Transportation and Chief of the Philippine National Police
- Dulce Saguisag (1943–2007), former Secretary of Social Welfare and Development and husband of former senator Rene Saguisag
- Nereo Andolong (1926–2001), former chairman and general manager of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office and president of Philippine Olympic Committee
- Pablo Cuneta (1910–2000), former Mayor of Pasay
- Maria Clara Lobregat (1921–2004), former Mayor of Zamboanga City
- AJ Perez (1993–2011), actor
- Pitoy Moreno (1925–2018), fashion designer
- Jam Sebastian, (1986–2015), actor
- Paquito Diaz (1937–2011), actor and director
- Rico Yan (1975–2002), actor
- Alfie Anido (1959–1981), actor
- Gabriel Elorde (1935–1985), professional boxer
- Arsenio "Dodjie" Laurel (1931–1967), race car driver
- Helen Vela (1946–1992), actress and radio/TV host and news anchor
- Orly Punzalan (1935–2005), radio/TV host and news anchor
- Mariano Contreras (1910–1978), comedian
- Ike Lozada (1940–1995), comedian
- Inday Badiday (1944–2003), radio/TV host and journalist
- Bayani Casimiro, Sr. (1918–1989), dancer and actor
- Dindo Fernando (1940–1987), actor
- Miguel Rodriguez (1961–1997), actor
- Vic Silayan (1929–1987), actor
- Chat Silayan (1959–2006), beauty queen and actress
- Rene Requiestas (1957–1993), actor and comedian
- Tita Muñoz (1927–2009), actress
- Diomedes Maturan (1941–2002), singer
- Fred Panopio (1939–2010), singer
- Teodoro F. Valencia (1913–1987), journalist
- Kerima Polotan Tuvera (1925–2011), journalist
- Eugenio Lopez Jr. (1928–1999), chairman of ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation
- Maita Gomez (1947–2012), beauty queen and women's rights advocate
- Lauro Vizconde (1938–2016), former Vice-Chairman and founding member of Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC)
- Horacio Castillo III (1995–2017), UST law student and victim of hazing
- Alfonso Yuchengco (1923–2017), businessman
- "Sucat". Manila Memorial Park. Manila Memorial Park, Inc. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- "Our Heritage and the Departed: A Cemeteries Tour". Presidential Museum & Library. Archived from the original on 28 September 2015. Retrieved 16 February 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Manila Memorial Park, Inc". Yuchengco Group of Companies. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- "Highlights and Features". Manila Memorial Park, Inc. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- Tan, Nigel; Mora, MG (1 November 2013). "Cemetery trivia: How well do you know our burial grounds?". Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- Fabonan, Epi II (1 November 2017). "Manila Memorial Park Sucat opens A-list funeral venue". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- Esguerra, Darryl John (1 November 2018). "Known personalities buried at Manila Memorial Park". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 22 April 2019.