Mahisadal (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Tamluk|
|Electorate (year)||189,794 (2011)|
In the 2011 elections, Dr.Sudarshan Ghosh Dastidar of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Tamalika Panda Seth of CPI(M).
|Trinamool Congress||Dr. Sudarshan Ghosh Dastidar||95,640||55.29||+5.49#|
|CPI(M)||Tamalika Panda Seth||67,478||39.01||-9.98|
|People’s Democratic Conference of India||Sk. Ajad Ali||1,875|
|Independent||Keramat Baks Mallik||1,436|
|Trinamool Congress gain from CPI(M)||Swing||15.47#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||0||6|
|Communist Party of India||0||3|
In the 2006 state assembly elections Tamalika Panda Seth of CPI(M) won the 204 Mahishadal assembly seat defeating her nearest rival Buddhadeb Bhowmick of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Dipak Kumar Ghosh of Trinamool Congress defeated Dr. Subrata Maiti of CPI(M) in 2001. Sukumar Das of Congress defeated Surya Chakraborty of CPI(M) in 1996 and 1991. Surya Chakraborty of CPI(M) defeated Sukumar Das of Congress in 1987. Dinabandhu Mondal of CPI(M) defeated Ramani Mohan Maity of Congress in 1982. Saswati Bag of Janata Party defeated Dinabandhu Mondal of CPI(M) in 1977.
Ahindra Mishra of Congress won in 1972. Sushil Kumar Dhara representing Bangla Congress won in 1971, 1969 and 1967, and representing Congress in 1962. In 1957 Mahishadal was a dual seat. It was won by Dr. Prafulla Chandra Ghosh of PSP and Mahtab Chand Das of Congress. In independent India’s first election in 1951, the Mahisadal seat was won by the Independent candidate, Kumar Deba Prosad Garga.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "Mahisadal". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Mahisadal. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Mahisadal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Left Unlikely to Reverse Trend". The Statesman, 29 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "204 - Mahishadal Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-01.