Luxembourg at the 2020 Summer Olympics
Luxembourg is expected to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020, the Games have been postponed to 23 July to 8 August 2021, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the nation's official debut in 1900, Luxembourg athletes have appeared in every edition of the Summer Olympic Games, with the exception of the sparsely attended 1904 and 1908 Summer Olympics, and the 1932 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles at the period of the worldwide Great Depression.
|Luxembourg at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Luxembourg Olympic and Sporting Committee|
|in Tokyo, Japan|
|Competitors||7 in 5 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Field events
|Bob Bertemes||Men's shot put|
Luxembourg entered a squad of three riders (two men and one woman) to compete in their respective Olympic road races, by virtue of their top 50 national finish (for men) and top 22 (for women) in the UCI World Ranking.
|Men's road race|
|Women's road race|
|Women's time trial|
Luxembourg entered one dressage rider into the Olympic equestrian competition, by finishing in the top two, outside the group selection, of the individual FEI Olympic Rankings for Group B (South Western Europe), marking the country's debut in the sport.
|Athlete||Horse||Event||Grand Prix||Grand Prix Freestyle||Overall|
Qualification Legend: Q = Qualified for the final; q = Qualified for the final as a lucky loser
Luxembourgian swimmers further achieved qualifying standards in the following events (up to a maximum of 2 swimmers in each event at the Olympic Qualifying Time (OQT), and potentially 1 at the Olympic Selection Time (OST)):
|Raphaël Stacchiotti||Men's 200 m individual medley|
Luxembourg entered one athlete into the table tennis competition at the Games. Going to her sixth straight Olympics, Ni Xialian secured one of three available spots in the women's singles with a bronze medal victory at the 2019 European Games in Minsk, Belarus.
|Athlete||Event||Preliminary||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Final / BM|
|Ni Xialian||Women's singles|
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "IAAF Games of the XXXII Olympiad – Tokyo 2020 Entry Standards" (PDF). IAAF. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Athletes' quotas for Road Cycling events at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games". UCI. 18 November 2019. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- "Tokyo 2020 team and individual quota places confirmed by FEI". FEI. 17 February 2020. Retrieved 1 March 2020.
- "Swimming World Rankings". FINA. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Tokyo 2020 – FINA Swimming Qualification System" (PDF). Tokyo 2020. FINA. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Timo Boll and Fu Yu clinch European Games titles". ITTF. 26 June 2019. Retrieved 27 June 2019.