Luan Madson Gedeão de Paiva
Luan with Atlético Mineiro in 2018
|Full name||Luan Madson Gedeão de Paiva|
|Date of birth||11 August 1990|
|Place of birth||São Miguel dos Campos, Brazil|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2012||→ Ponte Preta (loan)||17||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:32, 12 July 2020 (UTC)|
Born in São Miguel dos Campos, Alagoas, Luan graduated from Atlético Sorocaba's youth setup, and made his senior debuts in 2008, as his side was crowned champions of Copa Paulista. During his spell at the club he was also the top scorer of both 2011 and 2012 Campeonato Paulista Série A2 campaigns, scoring 25 goals combined.
In July 2011 Luan was a part of Comercial de Ribeirão Preto squad for the club's tour in Europe. He impressed during his time, and was offered a trial at FC Basel; however, the latter and Atlético Sorocaba failed to reach an agreement, and he returned to Brazil. On 1 June 2012 he was loaned to Ponte Preta until December.
Luan made his Ponte – and Série A – debut on 8 July 2013, coming on as a late substitute in a 1–0 home win against Palmeiras. He scored his first professional goal on 14 October, netting the first of a 1–2 away loss against Fluminense.
Luan became an important figure for Galo after Bernard's departure to FC Shakhtar Donetsk, appearing regularly. He was an important offensive unit for the club during the 2013 Copa Libertadores championship, used mainly as a substitute.
After contributing with seven goals in the 2015 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Luan struggled severely with injuries in the following years.
- As of 24 September 2017
|Atlético Sorocaba||2008||Paulista A2||—||0||0||—||—||20[a]||2||20||2|
|Ponte Preta||2012||Série A||17||2||—||0||0||—||—||17||2|
|Atlético Mineiro||2013||Série A||35||3||12||4||2||0||12[b]||2||2[c]||1||63||10|
- Atlético Sorocaba
- Copa Paulista: 2008
- Atlético Mineiro
- "Que venha a Copa do Brasil" [Let Copa do Brasil come] (PDF) (in Portuguese). Cruzeiro do Sul. 30 November 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 December 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Luan espera, enfim, ter oportunidade num clube grande" [Luan awaits to, finally, have an opportunity in a big team] (in Portuguese). Cruzeiro do Sul. 4 May 2012. Archived from the original on 14 December 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Luan está a caminho da Ponte" [Luan heading to Ponte] (in Portuguese). Cruzeiro do Sul. 1 June 2012. Archived from the original on 14 December 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Com time reserva e falha de Deola, Palmeiras perde para a Ponte Preta" [With the reserves and Deola's mistake, Palmeiras loses to Ponte Preta] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 8 July 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Flu busca virada polêmica sobre a Ponte e mantém folga na liderança" [Flu gets polemic comeback over Ponte and keeps advantage in leadership] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 14 October 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Ponte compra 40% do passe de Luan e esfria pretensão do Atlético-MG" [Ponte buys 40% of Luan's rights and cools down Atlético Mineiro's interest] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 4 December 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Mesmo lesionado, atacante Luan assina com Atlético-MG por 4 anos" [Even being injured, forward Luan signs with Atlético Mineiro for 4 years] (in Portuguese). Terra. 8 December 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- Luan at Soccerway. Retrieved 21 October 2017.