Comercial Futebol Clube (Ribeirão Preto)
Comercial Futebol Clube (SP), commonly referred to as Comercial de Ribeirão Preto or simply as Comercial, is a professional association football club based in the city of Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brazil. The team participates in the Campeonato Paulista Série A3, the third tier of the São Paulo state football league.
|Full name||Comercial Futebol Clube|
|Nickname(s)||Bafo, Leão do Norte|
|Founded||October 10, 1911|
|Head coach||Fahel Júnior|
|League||Campeonato Paulista Série A3|
|2019||Paulistão A3, 7th|
The club's home colours are white and black and the team mascot is a lion.
On October 10, 1911, some business owners from Ribeirão Preto founded Commercial Football Club and the club soon became very wealthy. The field from Estádio da Rua Tibiriçá was one of the first in Brazil to receive grass, because the club's supporters complained of the dust in the air during the games. In 1936, the club has experienced a financial crisis and the Football Department was closed. In 1956, Commercial merged with Paineiras and become Comercial Football Club, entering the second division from Campeonato Paulista that same year.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
The club also owns a training ground, named Centro de Treinamento Francisco de Palma Travassos.
Comercial's rival is Botafogo (SP). The match between the two clubs is nicknamed Come-Fogo (truncation of Comercial and Botafogo). It is one of the oldest Brazilian derbies and some matches have had an attendance of over 30,000 people. Famous footballers, like Sócrates, Raí and Zé Mário played the derby. The derby is disputed not only in football, but also in basketball.
The club's official club colors are black and white. The club's home kit is all white.
- "CNEF - Cadastro Nacional de Estádios de Futebol" (PDF). Confederação Brasileira de Futebol (in Portuguese).
- (in Portuguese) Comercial Futebol Clube (Ribeirão Preto) at Jornal Tribuna de Ribeirão Preto Archived August 5, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Enciclopédia do Futebol Brasileiro, Volume 1 – Lance, Rio de Janeiro: Aretê Editorial S/A, 2001.
- 1958 Campeonato Paulista Second Level at RSSSF
- 1978 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A at RSSSF Archived December 26, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- 1979 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A at RSSSF Archived October 31, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- (in Portuguese) Comercial Futebol Clube (SP) at Arquivo de Clubes Archived January 1, 2013, at archive.today
- (in Portuguese) Estádio Dr. Francisco de Palma Travassos (Jóia) at Templos do Futebol
- Especial Placar – 500 Times do Brasil, São Paulo: Editora Abril: 2003.
- "Basquete 'apaga' futebol em Ribeirão Preto – Francanet (October 16, 2006)". Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved January 8, 2007.
- (in Portuguese) Comercial Futebol Clube (SP) at Futebol Interior Archived January 3, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- (in Portuguese) Comercial Futebol Clube (SP) at Times Brasileiros Archived July 24, 2006, at the Wayback Machine