Louise Aitken-Walker MBE (born January 1960 in Duns, Berwickshire) is a British rally and saloon car racing driver. Aitken-Walker entered competition in 1979 and finished 19th in her first Rally GB two years later. She contested the 1989 British Touring Car Championship in a Class C Vauxhall Astra finishing fifth in points, and in 1990 was the first ever Ladies World Champion, the pinnacle of a successful 14-year career. She was awarded the Segrave Trophy in 1990. She retired in 1993 to have a family (son John and daughter Gina) and concentrate on her business affairs. She runs Aitken-Walker Cars, which specializes in quality used cars, with her husband Graham in the Scottish Borders.
|Born||21 January 1960|
Duns, Berwickshire, Scotland
|World Rally Championship record|
|Active years||1979 - 1991|
|Co-driver|| Ellen Morgan|
|First rally||RAC Rally 1979|
|Last rally||RAC Rally 1991|
In September 2008, Aitken-Walker took part in the Colin McRae Forest Stages Rally, a round of the Scottish Rally Championship centred in Perth in Scotland. A historic Talbot Sunbeam Lotus was her chosen car for the event. She was one of a number of ex-world and British champions to take part in the event in memory of McRae, who died in 2007.
Complete British Touring Car Championship resultsEdit
(key) (Races in bold indicate pole position in class) (Races in italics indicate fastest lap in class - 1 point awarded all races)
|1989||Vauxhall Motorsport||Vauxhall Astra GTE 16v||C||OUL||SIL
- Low, Dave. "Louise Aitken-Walker world rally champion 1990". A Sporting Nation. BBC Online. Retrieved 13 October 2007.
- "Title - Segrave Trophy". Royal Automobile Club. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Louise Aitken-Walker MBE, Rally Driver, Scotland UK". Aitken-Walker Cars. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Louise Aitken-Walker, MBE". Scottish Sports Hall of Fame. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- Rally experience sessions with Aitken-Walker
- Family-run business with her husband, Son & Daughter
- Louises Daughter Gina has started her career, supported by her mum
|Awards and achievements|
National Rally Driver of the Year
Bob Ives and Joe Ives
| Segrave Trophy