List of World Rally Championship event winners
The World Rally Championship (WRC) is a rallying series organised by the FIA, culminating with a champion driver and manufacturer. The driver's world championship and manufacturer's world championship are separate championships, but based on the same point system. The series currently consists of 13 three-day events driven on surfaces ranging from gravel and tarmac to snow and ice. Each rally is split into 10–25 special stages which are run against the clock on closed roads.
Sébastien Loeb holds the record for the most event victories, having won 79 times. Sébastien Ogier is second with 44 wins and Marcus Grönholm is third with 30 wins. Björn Waldegård holds the distinction of having the longest time between his first win and his last. He won his first rally in 1975 at the Swedish Rally, and his last in 1990 at the Safari Rally, a span of 15 years, 2 months and 1 day. Shekhar Mehta and Jean-Luc Therier share the record for the longest period of time between two race wins–almost six years between the 1973 Safari Rally and the 1979 Safari Rally for the Kenyan driver and 1974 Press-on-Regardless Rally and 1980 Tour de Corse for the French driver. Loeb holds the record for the most consecutive wins, having two six-win streaks (2005 Rally New Zealand–2005 Rally Argentina and 2008 Wales Rally GB–2009 Rally Argentina). Jari-Matti Latvala is the youngest winner of a World Rally Championship event; he was 22 years and 313 days old when he won the 2008 Swedish Rally. Waldegård is the oldest winner of a World Rally Championship event; he was 46 years and 155 days old when he won the 1990 Safari Rally. Latvala holds the record for the most event wins (18) without ever winning a championship.
As of the 2019 Rally Turkey, there have been 79 different World Rally Championship event winners. The first rally winner was Jean-Claude Andruet at the 1973 Rally Monte Carlo, and the most recent driver to score their first win was Elfyn Evans at his home 2017 Wales Rally GB.
|Bold||Driver has competed in the 2019 season|
|Italics||World Rally Champion|
By driver's nationalityEdit
All figures correct as of the 2019 Rally Catalunya.
|12||Datsun / Nissan||9|
- "Sebastien Loeb takes eighth Rally Argentina". rte.ie. Raidió Teilifís Éireann. 6 May 2013. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Gaps between wins". Jonkka's World Rally Archive. juwra.com. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Win streaks". Jonkka's World Rally Archive. juwra.com. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Oldest and youngest winners". Jonkka's World Rally Archive. juwra.com. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Driver WRC wins". Jonkka's World Rally Archive. juwra.com. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Elfyn Evans wins the Wales Rally GB as Frenchman Sebastien Ogier takes third to claim his fifth consecutive world championship title". bbc.co.uk. BBC. 29 October 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Co-driver statistics > Wins". Jonkka's World Rally Archive. juwra.com. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "Make Wins". Jonkka's World Rally Archive. juwra.com. Retrieved 7 May 2018.