List of dialling codes in Pakistan
|Regulator||Pakistan Telecommunication Authority|
|Country calling code||+92|
|International call prefix||00|
The area codes in Pakistan consists of two to five digits; generally smaller the city, longer the prefix. All large cities have two-digit codes. The smaller towns might have six digital whereas big cities have seven digit numbers. Azad Kashmir telephone lines contain five digits. On 1 July 2009, telephone numbers in Karachi and Lahore were changed from seven digits to eight digits. This was accomplished by adding 9 to the beginning of all phone numbers that started with a 9 i.e. government and semi-government lines and adding 3 to all other lines.[clarification needed]
- "Karachi and Lahore now have eight digit phone numbers. In the near future this will be extended to other metros". Daily Times (Pakistan). 2009-07-08. Retrieved 2009-10-01.
- "Phone numbers in Karachi, Lahore changed to eight digits". DAWN.COM. 2009-07-07. Retrieved 2022-05-18.
- "National Dialing Codes". ptcl.com.pk. Retrieved 2022-05-18.
- "List of PTCL Prefix". Ufone 4G. Retrieved 2022-05-18.
- "National Dialing Codes". Archived from the original on 2015-11-09. Retrieved 2015-04-17.