List of countries by wealth per adult
This is a list of countries of the world by wealth per adult from Credit Suisse's annual Global Wealth Databook. Wealth includes both financial and non-financial assets. The list below includes mean and median wealth per adult.
Credit Suisse Global Wealth Databook's list of countries by median and mean wealth per adult (USD)
Credit Suisse publishes various statistics relevant for calculating net wealth. These figures are influenced by real estate prices, equity market prices, exchange rates, liabilities, debts, adult percentage of the population, human resources, natural resources and capital and technological advancements, which may create new assets or render others worthless in the future.
During periods of equity market growth, the relative national and per capita wealth of countries where people are more exposed to those markets, such as the United States and the United Kingdom, tends to rise. But when equity markets are down, the relative wealth of countries where people invest more in real estate or bonds, such as France and Italy, tends to rise instead. Countries with older populations, like Germany and Italy, would have higher relative wealth, if calculated per capita and not per adult.
Median wealth is the amount that divides the wealth distribution into two equal groups: half the adults have wealth above the median, and the other half below. Mean wealth is the amount obtained by dividing the total aggregate wealth by the number of adults. In nations where wealth is highly concentrated in a small percentage of people, the mean can be much higher than the median (e.g. the United States and Sweden). To see this, click on the header of the mean wealth column and put it in descending order.
(Canada and United States)
(excluding China and India)
- Distribution of wealth by country
- Distribution of wealth in Europe
- Financial and social rankings of sovereign states in Europe
- High-net-worth individual
- List of countries by financial assets per capita
- List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita
- List of countries by GNI (nominal) per capita
- List of countries by income equality
- List of countries by total wealth
- National wealth
- Ultra high-net-worth individual
- Wealth inequality in the United States
- "Global wealth report". www.credit-suisse.com. Credit Suisse. Retrieved October 25, 2019.
- "Global wealth report 2019" (PDF). Credit Suisse. Retrieved October 25, 2019.
- "Global wealth databook 2019" (PDF). Credit Suisse. Archived from the original on 2019-10-23. Retrieved 2019-10-26.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)Archived . The country data comes from Table 3.1 on page 117. The region data comes from the end of that table on page 120.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wealth statistics.|