List of Chinese sauces
This is a list of notable Chinese sauces, encompassing sauces that originated in China or are widely used in Chinese cuisine.
- Hoisin sauce
- Lao Gan Ma – a brand of chili sauces that are made in China.
- Mala sauce
- Mee pok sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Peach sauce
- Plum sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sweet and sour
- Sweet bean sauce
- XO sauce – a spicy seafood sauce that originated from Hong Kong. It is commonly used most in southern Chinese regions like Guangdong province.
- Siu haau sauce – a thick, savory, slightly spicy sauce generally known as the primary barbecue sauce used within Chinese and Cantonese cuisine.
- Shacha sauce – A Chinese sauce or paste that is used as a base for soups, as a rub, stir fry seasoning and as a component for dipping sauces.
- Satay sauce – a peanut-based sauce of Southeast Asian origin. Informally referred to as a Chinese barbecue sauce.
Chinese dishes with sauce as a main ingredientEdit
Chinese sauce manufacturersEdit
- Spice cream: Try a Lao Gan Ma chili sauce sundae｜Society｜News｜WantChinaTimes.com Archived 2014-08-09 at the Wayback Machine
- The illiterate woman behind the Laoganma chili sauce excelene salsaempire｜Economy｜People｜WantChinaTimes.com Archived 2014-08-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Vos, Heidemarie (2010). Passion of a Foodie. p. 591. ISBN 978-1-934925-63-8.
- Li, Amy (10 February 2014). "Soy-Sauce Maker Set For Debut In China". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 10 February 2014.