Kori Carter (born June 3, 1992) is an American track and field athlete, specializing in hurdle races, the World Champion in the 400 metres hurdles event in 2017. Kori Carter was a nine-time All-American at Stanford University sponsored by Jordan Brand.
Kori Carter in 2013
|Born||June 3, 1992|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Event(s)||400 metres hurdles|
|College team||Stanford Cardinal|
|Achievements and titles|
While at Claremont High School, in Claremont, California, Carter won the CIF California State Meet in both hurdle races her junior and senior years (2009–10) while winning the 300 hurdles in 2008. She made the final in both races all four years, the first of those as a freshman in 2007 was the race where Vashti Thomas set the current National record in the 100 metres hurdles.
As a Junior, on June 8, 2013, Carter won the NCAA Women's Outdoor Track and Field Championship in the 400 metres hurdles in collegiate record time of 53.21. That mark tied triple Olympic gold medalist Marie-José Pérec for number 20 on the all-time list. Carter was a 2013 Bowerman finalist.
Carter won the 400 meter hurdles at the 2014 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships.
At the 2015 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Eugene, Oregon Kori placed 3rd in the 400m hurdles in 54.41, to go on to represent the U.S. for the 400m hurdles in the 2015 World Championships in Athletics in Beijing, China in August.
At the 2016 United States Olympic Trials (track and field) in Eugene, Oregon Kori placed 4th in the 400m hurdles in 54.47 but failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
At the 2017 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Sacramento Kori placed 3rd in the 400m hurdles in 52.95, to represent the U.S. for the 400m hurdles in the 2017 World Championships in Athletics in London, where she won the world championship at 53.08.
|Representing United States|
|2008||World Junior Championships||Bydgoszcz, Poland||7th in semifinal||400 metres hurdles||1:01.20|
|2009||World Youth Championships||Brixen||2nd||100 metres hurdles||13.26|
|2014||2014 IAAF Continental Cup||Marrakech, Morocco||7th||400 metres hurdles||56.80|
|2015||2015 World Championships in Athletics||Beijing National Stadium, Beijing, China||semifinal||400 metres hurdles||56.22|
|2017||2017 World Championships in Athletics||London Olympic Stadium, London, Great Britain||1st||400 metres hurdles||53.07|
- "TFRRS | Kori Carter". tfrrs.org. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "Profile of Kori CARTER | All-Athletics.com". all-athletics.com. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "State Finals - 2009". prepcaltrack.com. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "State Finals - 2008". prepcaltrack.com. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "State Finals - 2007". prepcaltrack.com. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "USA Track & Field - Results - Full". usatf.org. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 26, 2012. Retrieved June 9, 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Stanford's Kori Carter sets college 400 hurdle mark". usatoday.com. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "USA Track & Field - 2013 Top USA Outdoor Track & Field Marks - Women". usatf.org. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "Kori Carter Named Stanford/Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week - GoStanford.com - Stanford University". gostanford.com. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "Stanford's Carter looks to future after stopped by illness | News | Palo Alto Online |". paloaltoonline.com. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "2013 bowerman finalist Stanford's Kori Carter" (PDF). ustfccca.org. Retrieved May 19, 2016.
- 2013 USA Track & Field Championships Results - 6/19/2013 to 6/23/2013 Drake Stadium - Des Moines, Iowa usatf.org
- 2016 United States Olympic Trials (track and field) results USATF July 10, 2016
- 2017 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships USATF June 27, 2017
- 2018 USA Indoor Track Results Archived December 19, 2019, at the Wayback Machine USATF
- 2018 USA Outdoor Track Results USATF