Claremont High School (California)(Redirected from Claremont High School (Claremont, California))
Claremont High School is a public high school nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel Valley in Claremont, California, United States. Part of the Claremont Unified School District, it is a California Distinguished School, a two-time national Blue Ribbon School of Excellence (1986–1987, 1999–2000), and a nationally recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
|Claremont High School [CHS]|
Logo of Claremont High School
|1601 N. Indian Hill Blvd.
Claremont, California 91711
|Motto||A Tradition of Excellence|
|Founded||1890 (as Claremont Grammar School)|
|School district||Claremont Unified School District|
|Number of students||2,423 (2014-15)|
|Campus size||20 acres|
|Athletics conference||Palomares League|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
Claremont's sports programs include football, basketball, volleyball, golf, baseball, softball, water polo, swimming and diving, wrestling, tennis, soccer, track and field, and cross-country. The varsity football team has won 21 league championships, including 5 CIF titles. The cross-country team earned a fourth-place finish at the 2009 CIF State Meet and a third-place finish at the 2010 CIF State Meet. The girls cross-country team won first-place in both the 2016 and 2017 CIF State Meets. The boys also finished first in the 2016 CIF State Meet. In 2009 and 2010, the varsity tennis team won CIF titles. The soccer team won back to back league titles in 1993, 2001–2002 and 2011.
Claremont is part of the Palomares League consisting of Chino Hills High School, Charter Oak High School, Ayala High School, South Hills High School, and Damien High School. Claremont High School has 24 varsity athletic teams.
- Jessica Alba, actress and model
- Tony Beltran, MLS defender for the Real Salt Lake
- Kori Carter, NCAA and 2017 world champion in 400 meter hurdles
- John Darnielle, musician and singer-songwriter
- Malu Dreyer, German politician, Minister-President of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate, spent 1977 as an exchange student at Claremont
- Aundrea Fimbres, singer and dancer
- Justin Germano, baseball player in the U.S, Japan and Korea
- Elliot Graham, film editor
- Ben Harper, musician and singer-songwriter
- Martin Hewitt, actor
- Alex Hinshaw, MLB baseball player for the San Francisco Giants
- Anastasia Horne, actress/singer
- Hughes brothers, film directors, producers and screenwriters
- Matt Jones, actor
- Dan McGwire, former NFL quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks
- Cameron Morrah, NFL tight end for the Seattle Seahawks
- Cameron Munter, U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan
- Sam Quinones, journalist and former reporter for Los Angeles Times (2004-2014)
- Dileep Rao, actor
- Dave Rice, college basketball coach, UNLV
- Dillon Tate, baseball player
- Peter Thum, co-founder of Ethos Water
- "Claremont High". NCES. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- "Elementary Attendance Areas." Claremont Unified School District. Retrieved on February 11, 2017. Old URL: "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-06-25. Retrieved 2008-04-20.
- "John Darnielle, Class of 1985 - Claremont High School - Classmates". classmates.com. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "NFL.com: Cameron Morrah". Nfl.com player profiles. nfl.com. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- Miller, Wendy. "Opium Dreamland: Reporter Sam Quinones on Heroin, Pills and his Punk-Rock Roots". Cal Alumni Associations. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- Torribio, Sarah (June 25, 2015). "Dillon Tate on fast-track to MLB". Claremont Courier. Retrieved August 1, 2016.