Kirori Mal College
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|University of Delhi|
|Principal||Dr. Vibha Singh Chauhan|
North Campus, University Enclave, Delhi-110 007
Kirori Mal College is one of the constituent college of the University of Delhi, located in the North Campus of DU, in New Delhi, India. Established in 1954. National Assessment and Accreditation Council accredited it with a CGPA of 3.54(A++)  in 2016, which is third highest among all Delhi University colleges.
The college shifted to its present campus on 1 February 1954.The college celebrated its Golden Jubilee in February 2004.
Kirori Mal College has activities in drama, debate, music, fine arts, photography, Astronomy, Robotics, Environment, dance and film. Notable among them is "Sensation” the dance society consisting two wings one choreography and one western, putting up 2 productions each year the society has achieved many accomplishments which helped them to attain the ECA quota in the year 2019. The Physics department of the college has its own Astronomy and Robotics Club. "Players" is one of the top drama societies of India .
There are student Union for college students
This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kirori Mal College has a large alumni base. Notable members include:-
Actors, directors and singersEdit
- Amitabh Bachchan - Actor
- KK - Playback Singer
- Ravi Baswani - film actor
- Shakti Kapoor - actor
- Satish Kaushik - Indian film director, producer and actor
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda - actor
- Siddharth Narayan - actor
- Prashant Narayanan - actor
- Sanam Puri - Singer
- Vijay Raaz - film actor
- Divyendu Sharma - actor
- Sushant Singh - film and television actor
- Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub - actor
- Ali Abbas Zafar - director
- Vijay Krishna Acharya - screenwriter and director
- Kabir Khan - director
- Anant Vidhaat Sharma - actor
- Sargun Mehta - television actress
- Naveen Patnaik -Indian politician, Chief Minister of Odisha, India and the chief of Biju Janata Dal, a regional political party in Odisha. He is a writer and has published three books
- Madanlal Khurana - former Chief Minister of Delhi
- Rangarajan Kumaramangalam -politician
- G.P. Koirala - Former Prime Minister of Nepal
- Pravesh Verma, Delhi politician
- Padmavathy Bandopadhyay - first woman Air Marshal of Indian Air Force
- Habib Faisal - Hindi screenwriter and director
- Gaurav Bidhuri - boxer who won medal at World Championship
- M.S. Kohli - Indian mountaineer
- Massoud Khalili
- M. S. Krishnan -Chair of Business Information Technology at the University of Michigan's Ross School of Business
- Abhay Kumar - poet, artist and diplomat
- Sanjivan Lal - film maker
- Harbans Mukhia - Indian historian
- Saeed Naqvi - journalist
- Parikrama - band
- Raghuvendra Singh Rathore
- Rajshekhar -Indian lyricist
- Himanshu Sharma - Bollywood screenwriter
- Mrityunjay Kumar Singh
- Dinesh Thakur - theatre director
- Mirza Waheed - Writer
- "Kirori Mal College, University Of Delhi Powered By : Redox Technologies Pvt. Ltd". Kmcollege.com. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- [dead link]
- "Certificate of accreditation" (PDF). Kmcollege.ac.in. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Kirori Mal College - University of Delhi". Du.ac.in. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Top Delhi University (DU) Colleges 2014". indiaranker.com. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Theatre enthusiasts flock to Kirori Mal". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 7 July 2012.
- Ghosh, Abantika (22 June 2006). "All the world's a stage at DU". The Times of India.
- October 10, Headlines Today; October 10, 2009UPDATED:; Ist, 2009 14:45. "Amitabh Bachchan's journey to the top". India Today. Retrieved 22 April 2019.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)