Habib Faisal is an Indian Hindi screenwriter and director. He is best known for his directorial debut, Do Dooni Chaar, for which he won Filmfare Award for Best Dialogue. He co-wrote Siddharth Anand's Salaam Namaste. He also wrote director Shaad Ali's Jhoom Barabar Jhoom starring Abhishek Bachchan and Preity Zinta, and Siddharth Anand's Ta Ra Rum Pum starring Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukherjee. All three are Yashraj films. He also wrote Band Baaja Baaraat which was released in late 2010.
|Alma mater||Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India|
|Years active||1992 – present|
Faisal then went on to direct his second film, Ishaqzaade, starring debutant Arjun Kapoor, and Parineeti Chopra in their first lead film, which released on 11 May 2012. The film received positive response from critics, and managed to do very well at the box office, turning out to be a worldwide hit. He then wrote Bewakoofiyaan, which was directed by Nupur Asthana and featured Ayushmann Khurrana, Sonam Kapoor, and Rishi Kapoor. His next directorial venture was Daawat-e-Ishq, which had actors Aditya Roy Kapur and Parineeti Chopra in lead roles. Daawat-e-Ishq released worldwide on 19 September 2014.
Faisal's fourth film, Qaidi Band was released on 25 August 2017.
- 2018: Home (director, an ALTBalaji Original Series)
- 2017: Qaidi Band (writer and director)
- 2016: Fan (writer)
- 2014: Daawat-e-Ishq (writer and director)
- 2014: Bewakoofiyaan (writer)
- 2012: Ishaqzaade ( director)
- 2011: Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (dialogue)
- 2010: Band Baaja Baaraat (screenplay and dialogue)
- 2010: Do Dooni Chaar (writer and director)
- 2007: Jhoom Barabar Jhoom (writer)
- 2007: Ta Ra Rum Pum (screenplay and dialogue)
- 1996: Opus 27 (short)
- 1992: Electric Moon (assistant director)
|2010||Filmfare Awards||Best Dialogue||Band Baaja Baaraat||Won|||
|2010||National Film Awards||Best Hindi Feature Film||Do Dooni Chaar||Won|||
|2010||Screen Awards||Best Dialogues||Band Baaja Baaraat||Won|
|2012||Mirchi Music Awards||Upcoming Lyricist of The Year||"Chokra Jawaan" from Ishaqzaade||Nominated|||
- "Do Dooni Chaar about state of teachers in India". The Indian Express. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Middle Class Hero". The Indian Express. 15 October 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Nothing filmy about Band Baaja Baarat". The Indian Express. 24 November 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Ishaqzaade - Yash Raj Films". Yash Raj Films. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Rowdy Rathore Bumper Opening In Single Screens Good At Multiplexes". Box Office India. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Bewakoofiyaan - Yash Raj Films". Yash Raj Films. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Daawat-e-Ishq - Yash Raj Films". Yash Raj Films. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Daawat-E-Ishq to release on September 19". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Daawat-e-Ishq release date shifted to 19 Sept". India Today. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Writing is a very solitary experience: Habib Faisal". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "Jhoom celebrates a positive attitude". Rediff.com. 15 June 2007. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Filmfare Awards: Bollywood and Regional Film Awards". filmfare.com. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "58th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- "Nominations - Mirchi Music Award Hindi 2012". www.radiomirchi.com. Retrieved 27 April 2018.