Kevin Chamberlin (born November 25, 1963) is an American actor. He is known for his theater roles such as Horton in Seussical and Uncle Fester in The Addams Family. He also starred as Bertram Winkle in the Disney Channel Original Series sitcom Jessie from 2011 to 2015.
November 25, 1963 |
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Chamberlin was born in Baltimore, Maryland, and was raised in Moorestown, New Jersey. In elementary school, he starred as Huck Finn in the school's production of Tom Sawyer. After he graduated high school, Chamberlin studied acting at Rutgers University's Mason Gross School of Arts in New Brunswick, Jersey, and graduated with a B.F.A. in acting. Chamberlin has since acted on Broadway – nominated for three Tony Awards, and has an extensive list of film and television.
Chamberlin has been nominated for Drama Desk and Tony Awards for Dirty Blonde (as Charlie), Seussical (as Horton), and The Addams Family (as Uncle Fester). Additional Broadway theatre credits include My Favorite Year, Triumph of Love, Abe Lincoln in Illinois, Chicago, and The Ritz.
He appeared in the 1999 film Trick. He also appeared in Die Hard with a Vengeance as an enthusiastic NYPD bomb defusal expert. In Lucky Number Slevin, he again had a supporting role as a New York police officer. Chamberlin's most recent work includes the role of Aron Malsky in the NBC prime-time series Heroes. He also made an appearance in a Law and Order: Special Victims Unit episode titled "Redemption" where he played a man named Roger Berry. He was also a guest on the sitcom Frasier, in season 10 episode 13. Chamberlin previously appeared as Uncle Fester in the musical The Addams Family, a role for which he won a Broadway.com Audience Award for Favorite Performance By a Featured Actor In a Broadway Musical. Brad Oscar replaced him in the role of Uncle Fester on March 8, 2011. Chamberlin also starred as Dr. Fusion in Teen Beach Movie, a Disney Channel Original Movie starring Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell and Steve Valentine which aired July 19, 2013.
- Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995) – Charles Weiss
- In & Out (1997) – Carl Mickley
- Letters from a Killer (1998) – Cutler
- Trick (1999) – Perry's Ex
- Herman U. S. A. (2001) – Wayne
- Road to Perdition (2002) – Frank the Bouncer
- Suspect Zero (2004) – Harold Speck
- Christmas with the Kranks (2004) – Mr. Scanlon
- Loudmouth Soup (2005) – Charlie Baker
- Lucky Number Slevin (2006) – Marty
- The Girl Next Door (2007) – Officer Jennings
- Taking Woodstock (2009) – Jackson Spiers
- Jessie (2011–2015) – Bertram (main role)
- The Possession (2012) – Keith
- Lucky Stiff (2014) – Fred Mahew III
- Teen Beach Movie (2015) – Dr. Fusion
- Internet Famous (2016) – Larry Trambone
- Bunk'd (2016) – Bertram
- Grace and Frankie (2017) – Frank
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2000||Dirty Blonde||Tony Award||Best Featured Actor in a Play||Nominated|
|Drama Desk Award||Outstanding Actor in a Play||Nominated|
|2001||Seussical||Tony Award||Best Actor in a Musical||Nominated|
|Drama Desk Award||Outstanding Actor in a Musical||Nominated|
|2010||The Addams Family||Tony Award||Best Featured Actor in a Musical||Nominated|
|Drama Desk Award||Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical||Nominated|
|Outer Critics Circle Award||Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical||Nominated|
- "About – Kevin Chamberlin". Kevin Chamberlin official website. Retrieved October 26, 2014.
BORN: November 23, 1963 in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Jones, Kenneth (2009-07-22). "Addams Family Musical Finds a Broadway Home". Playbill. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
- Jones, Kenneth."Brad Oscar Will Play Uncle Fester in Addams Family; Blickenstaff, Grupper, Potter Join Cast" playbill.com, February 4, 2011