Karnataka Pragnyavantha Janatha Party
|President||Puthurina Muthu D. Mahesh Gowda|
|Founder||Puthurina Muthu D. Mahesh Gowda|
|Founded||31 October 2016|
Registered on 3 February 2017
|Headquarters||No 23 2nd A main road 7th cross muneshwara layout, Srigandhanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka - 560091|
|ECI Status||Unrecognised Registered Party|
|Alliance||NDA (2017, 2019-Present)|
|Seats in Karnataka Legislative Assembly|
1 / 224
Karnataka Pragnyavanta Janata Paksha was founded by Puthurina Muthu D. Mahesh Gowda. He started the party in January 2015, applied for official registration on 19 January 2016 and publicly announced it on 12 August 2017 under the 'Prajakeeya' campaign slogan. The party's official launch was on 31 October 2017 by veteran Kannada actor Upendra Rao.
The party believes in skill-driven leadership and politics with people being central. The official symbol of the party was announced on 9 December 2017 as the auto-rickshaw. The party intends to contest the upcoming elections for the Karnataka Legistaltive Assembly in 2018 and released its manifesto at the end of January 2018. On 6 March Upendra Rao announced that he had resigned from the party after a misunderstanding between him and D. Mahesh Gowda.
During the Ongoing Karanataka Resigination crises , Shanker switched back to NDA on July 8, 2019 .
- "ECI Notification on KPJP (Sl.No.25)" (PDF).
- "Upendra's Prajakeeya in poll race; actor says tech beats money power". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Bengaluru: Upendra to enter politics through 'Prajakeeya', to contest next polls". Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Kannada actor Upendra's new political party: Karnataka Pragnyavantha Janata Paksha". The News Minute. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Kannada film actor Upendra unveils name of his new political outfit". The Times of India. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- Khajane, Muralidhara (12 December 2017). "Upendra's political outfit gets autorickshaw symbol". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash. "Upendra's KPJP gets auto-rickshaw as party symbol; dedicates to late Shankar Nag". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Upendra's party to release poll manifesto by Jan-end - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Kannada actor Upendra quits KPJP, rules out joining BJP". The Indian Express. 6 March 2018. Retrieved 12 March 2018.