Kaanchi: The Unbreakable
Kaanchi: The Unbreakable is a 2014 Indian Hindi-language romance film produced and directed by Subhash Ghai, starring newcomer actress Mishti and Kartik Aaryan supported by veteran actors Rishi Kapoor and Mithun Chakraborty.
|Kaanchi: The Unbreakable|
|Directed by||Subhash Ghai|
|Produced by||Subhash Ghai|
|Written by||Subhash Ghai|
|Cinematography||Tushar Kanti Ray|
|Edited by||Aarif Sheikh|
|Distributed by||White Hill Studios|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2015)
Kaanchi is a story of the inner power of a woman who represents over one million suppressed youth against injustice in her country. Kaanchi ‘Sigdi’ (Mishti) is a strong girl who lives with her mother and sister in a village Koshampa. She is in love with her childhood friend Binda (Kartik Aaryan), and their families decide to get them married. Meanwhile, the Kakda family try to occupy Koshampa and turn it into an industrial hub. Binda fights for it. Sushant (Rishabh Sinha), the son of Shyam Kakda (Mithun Chakraborty), falls in love with Kaanchi and wants to marry her. But Kaanchi rejects him. Because of this, Sushant kills Binda before their wedding in front of Kaanchi. A furious Kaanchi leaves for Mumbai seeking revenge on the Kakda family. She lives in the house of Bagulla (Chandan Roy Sanyal), her old friend. She finds a servant job at Shyam Kakda's house by making some contacts. She tries to expose his affair with his secretary as well as the truth behind Binda's murder, by recording a video in his bedroom. But she gets caught by the guard but safely escapes while she loses her phone. After few days she finds out that Sushant is returning to India and is going to stay with Jumar Kakda (Rishi Kapoor). She joins as a servant at his house with Bagulla's help. She manages to steal the chip which has all the secret information of their business. Meanwhile, she gets her phone back from her friend who works at Shyam Kakda's house. She submits the evidence to a news channel and cripples the business of the Kakda family and also saves her village Koshampu. But Bagulla, who is a secret agent helping the Kakda family, sells her to Sushant, who then captures Kaanchi's sister. Later, Bagulla changes his mind and comes back to help Kaanchi. Finally, Kaanchi kills Sushant.
- Mishti as Kaanchi
- Kartik Aaryan as Binda
- Natasha Rastogi as Teji (Kaanchi's mother)
- Anil Charanjeett as Subedar (Binda's Father)
- Mithun Chakraborty as Shyam Kakda
- Rishi Kapoor as Jumar B. Kakda
- Rishabh Sinha as Sushant Kakda (Shyam Kakda's son)
- Pallavi Subhash Chandran as Savita Pathare (Shyam's Keep)
- Amrita Raichand as Gayatri (Jumar's Wife)
- Chandan Roy Sanyal as Inspector Ratanlal Bagulla
- Sahil Vaid as Sanjay Pathare
- Meeta Vashisht as Meeta
- Adil Hussain as CBI officer Arun Roy
- Akash Dhar as Satykaam
- Gargi Patel as Maya Tai
- Naresh Gosain as Inspector Bhaagwat
- Mukesh Bhatt as Pannalal
- Anant Jog as Vedant
- Gulshan Pandey as Inspector Radhekant
- Nissar Khan as Bhavesh (JB Kakda's Man)
- Ankit Varshneya as Saadiq (Satykam's Man)
- Mahima Chaudhry special appearance in item number
- Hazel Crowney special appearance in song "Thumka"
- Shakti Mohan item song "Kambal ke Neeche"
- Mukti Mohan item song "Kambal Ke Neeche"
Kartik Aaryan was roped in to perform the role. The music director Ismail Darbaar's son, Zaid Darbar assisted Subhash Ghai in the direction. The trailer was released on 6 March 2014 on YouTube, which received positive reviews.
Besides deploying their own marketing team, Mukta Arts partnered with web channel Trendspotters.tv for web and social-media promotion. Commenting on the film, Subash Ghai said, "Kaanchi to me is a project that is larger than life itself, the film, though commercial, is an inspirational story for the young women of today.
Late last year when asked about its delay, director Subhash Ghai said he was in no hurry to release the film. He said "A few portions of the film are left for shoot. I am going to take my own time to release Kaanchi. I am not in a hurry to release the film as I don't want to repeat the mistake I did with my last film" and added that "Most of the films which do not do well because of the pressure of its release date. Directors later feel that the film would have worked better if they had given some more time."
Kaanchi was released on 25 April 2014.
|Kaanchi: The Unbreakable|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||18 March 2014|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Director Subhash Ghai, who is known to work very closely and meticulously with the composers on his films, said that "I have recorded four songs by Ismail Darbar and Salim–Sulaiman on the lyrics of Irshad Kamil and I can say today that it's going to be big blockbuster music album on the day it will be released."
While Darbar, Kamil and Salim-Sulaiman worked together on the songs, the film score was composed by Simaab Sen.
|1||"Kaanchi Re Kaanchi"||Sukhwinder Singh||Ismail Darbar||04:06|
|2||"Tu Sab Kuch Re"||Sonu Nigam, Anwesha Datta Gupta, Ismail Darbar||Ismail Darbar||05:36|
|3||"Main Mushtanda"||Aishwarya Majmudar, Mika Singh||SuSubhaSub||03:05|
|4||"Koshampa"||Aman Trikha, Sanchita Bhattyacharya, Anwesha Datta Gupta, Subhash Ghai||Ismail Darbar||03:32|
|5||"Kaisa Hai Dard Mera"||Ankit Tiwari||Ismail Darbar||04:46|
|6||"Kambal Ke Neech"||Aishwarya Majmudar, Neeti Mohan, Aman Trikha, Sanchita Bhattyacharya||03:47|
|7||"Thumka"||Sonu Nigam, Suzanne D'Mello||Salim-Sulaiman||04:45|
|8||"Hindustan Kahan Hai"||Sukhwinder Singh, Mohit Chauhan, Raj Pandit||Salim-Sulaiman||04:50|
|9||"Adiye Adiye"||Sanchita Bhattyacharya, Avril Quadros||Ismail Darbar||02:32|
Kaanchi received mixed to negative reviews from critics. Subhash Ghai's direction was criticised compared to his previous movies Kalicharan, Karma, Karz and Pardes. The lead actress Mishti was praised for her divine beauty but her acting skills received mixed reviews.
- "Kaanchi Movies Songs". Biscoot. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Kaanchi..." Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Mithun Da To Star Along With Rishi Kapoor in Next Subhash Ghai Film KAANCHI". boxofficecapsule.com. 10 November 2012. Archived from the original on 16 November 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Mithun Chakraborty to play special character in Subhash Ghai's Kaanchi". Bollywood Life. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Subhash Ghai signs Mithun Chakravarthy for 'KAANCHI'". indiaglitz.com. 8 November 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Shubhra Gupta (25 April 2014). "Kaanchi film review: This is Subhash Ghai mining his usual patriotic 'this is my India' self". The Indian Express. Retrieved 8 February 2021.
- "Mithun as never-seen-before in 'Kaanchi': Ghai". The Times of India. 7 November 2012. Archived from the original on 25 July 2013. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Subhash Ghai's 'Kaanchi' to be released on April 12". Ibnlive.in.com. Archived from the original on 9 January 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Kaanchi Trailer Review: The Powerful Story of a Young Girl". news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "Subhash Ghai's production house partners with web channel for 'Kaanchi' promotions". Gulf News. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Subhash Ghai in no hurry to release Kaanchi". Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Kaanchi (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Subhash Ghai Not Rushing Kaanchi Release". 12 October 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "Movie Review: 'Kaanchi'". Mid Day. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "'Kaanchi' Review Roundup: Subhash Ghai Fails to Create Magic". International Business Times. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "'Kaanchi' Review: Subhash Ghai's film makes you cringe and laugh at the same time". Ibnlive.in.com. Archived from the original on 29 April 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Movie review: Kaanchi lacks Subhash Ghai's magical touch". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Kaanchi film review: This is Subhash Ghai mining his usual patriotic 'this is my India' self". The Indian Express. 26 April 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Kaanchi movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Tushar Joshi (25 April 2014). "Film Review: Kaanchi's old school vibe fails to keep audience hooked, tests patience | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". DNA India. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "'Kaanchi' review: Subhash Ghai lacks showmanship". ZEE NEWS. 26 April 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "Kaanchi movie review". NDTV. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Bollywood Movie Review: Kaanchi (2014) Critics Review And Rating". Mensxp.com. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Kaanchi Review". KOIMOI. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "I didn't know how to kiss". Filmfare. 24 April 2014. Retrieved 24 April 2014.