Joe & The Juice
Joe & The Juice (stylized as JOE & THE JUICE) is a chain of juice bars and coffee shops around the world. As of 2019 it has over 300 locations in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. The restaurants serve predominantly coffee, juice, and sandwiches.
Number of locations
|Revenue||US$35.0 million (2016 estimate)|
Joe & The Juice was founded in 2002 by Kaspar Basse, at the time in his late 20s. The company is based in Copenhagen, Denmark. It sells coffee, tea, sandwiches, fresh juices, smoothies, and veggie shots made with organic ingredients.
Although Joe & The Juice competes with both coffee shops like Starbucks and stores like Jamba Juice, Basse has tried to develop a different atmosphere at the restaurants, opting instead for what has been described as an "edgier" vibe. Managers are generally given autonomy over their stores.
In addition to locations throughout Scandinavia, Joe & The Juice has locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Washington, D.C., New York City, Reykjavik, London, Birmingham, Nice, Lucerne, Zurich, Amsterdam, Amstelveen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, San Mateo, Seattle, Singapore, Seoul, Sydney, Liverpool, Burlingame, Redwood City, Corte Madera, Palo Alto and Antwerp.
- "Store list". Joe & The Juice. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Company Overview of JOE & THE JUICE A/S". Bloomberg. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- Winston Ross (October 25, 2017). "Meet the Ex-Karate Champ Who Built an International Coffee and Juice Chain Around a Cult of Bros". Money. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Company Overview of JOE & THE JUICE A/S". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- "Coffee, Sandwich, And A Side Of Edgy: How Joe & The Juice Aims To Take Over The U.S." Fast Company. 2017-01-11. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- Rina Raphael (January 11, 2017). "Coffee, Sandwich, And A Side Of Edgy: How Joe & The Juice Aims To Take Over The U.S." Fast Company. Retrieved July 26, 2018.