Janam TV is an Indian news and entertainment channel broadcasting in Malayalam language. It has its registered office at Thrissur and studios at Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram. It is owned by Janam Multimedia Ltd, a company chaired by noted Malayalam film director Priyadarshan. The company Janam Multimedia Ltd has over 5000 share holders. The channel was launched on 19 April 2015..From November 2018 to January 2019 Janam TV ranked no.2 in the BARC Malayalam News Channel Rankings for the most viewers and its prime time programs ranked no.1 at that time by BARC.
|Launched||April 19, 2015|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||Media power to the masses|
|Broadcast area||Indian sub-continent, Middle East|
|Dish TV||Channel 1975|
|Tata Sky||Channel 1842|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 614|
|Airtel Digital TV||Channel 838|
|Sun Direct||Channel 230|
|Kerala Vision Digital TV||Channel 026|
|Asianet Cable Vision||Channel 128|
|DEN Networks||Channel 627|
- Priyadarshan (Chairman)
- P Viswaroopan (Managing Director)
- U S Krishnakumar (Director)
- GK Suresh Babu (Chief Editor)
- R Balakrishnnan (Senior Editor)
|Orbital Location||66 degree East Longitude|
|Down link Polarization||Horizontal|
|Downlink Frequency||3966 MHz|
|Symbol Rate||14400 Ks/sec|
|Title||Airing||Year / Genre|
|GULF Janam||chat show|
|Zero hours||Chat show|
|Akam Porul||Chat show|
|Unsung heroes||Chat show|
|Naatu varambu||Agriculture show|
|Primetime soap operas (Former shows)|
|Pakida Panthrandu||2016||Comedy serial|
Janam TV started broadcasting Sanskrit news on 1 June 2015. It is the only Malayalam channel to telecast Sanskrit news. Malayalam actor Mammootty inaugurated this news bulletin and actor Mohanlal read the first news.
- "Janam TV Contact Information". Janam TV. Retrieved 10 November 2018. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Janam TV to Go on Air from Tomorrow".
- "Stuck for 2 yrs for 'RSS links', Kerala TV channel set to get clearance".
- "Harmonic provides end-to-end system for Janam TV". www.telecompaper.com.
- "Janam to air Sanskrit News from June 1st".