Sigler in November 2007
|Born||May 15, 1981|
Jericho, New York, U.S.
A. J. DiScala
(m. 2003; div. 2006)
Jamie-Lynn Sigler was born in Jericho, New York, on May 15, 1981, the daughter of Steve and Connie Sigler. She has two brothers named Adam and Brian. Her father was the founder of the Men's Senior Baseball League. Sigler is of both Sephardic Jewish (Greek-Jewish) and Ashkenazi Jewish (Romanian-Jewish) descent through her father, whereas her mother is Cuban and was raised Catholic, later converting to Judaism upon marrying Sigler's father. Sigler began acting and singing at the age of seven. She attended Jericho High School and studied at the Cultural Arts Playhouse in Old Bethpage, New York.
In 1997, Sigler was cast as Meadow Soprano, daughter of New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano. The show premiered in 1999 and became a huge success, catapulting Sigler to fame as a TV actress. She continued to play the role through the series finale in 2007.
In 2000, while filming Campfire Stories in Hamburg, New Jersey, Sigler was paralyzed from the waist down for several days by Lyme disease. Sigler played the title role in Cinderella on tour and at The Theatre at Madison Square Garden in 2001. She then spent five months on Broadway from October 2002 through February 2003 playing Belle in Beauty and the Beast. She has continued to appear in theatrical roles.
In 2004, Sigler starred as "Hollywood Madam" Heidi Fleiss in the USA television movie Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss. In that same year, she had her first starring feature film role, Extreme Dating, an independent film. In 2005, Sigler starred in Love Wrecked and the following year in Homie Spumoni, when she played the role of Alli, the girlfriend of Renato/Leroy (Donald Faison) directed by Mike Cerron.
In 2008, Sigler appeared as herself in 13 episodes of the fifth and sixth season of the HBO series Entourage. In the fifth season, she appeared in the episodes "First Class Jerk", "Playing With Fire" and "Return to Queens Blvd", as the love interest of the character Sal 'Turtle' Assante, portrayed by Jerry Ferrara. She returned as a recurring guest star for season six of the series, after becoming Ferrara's real-life girlfriend. On November 17, 2008, Sigler guest-starred as Jillian on the TV series How I Met Your Mother in the episode "Woooo!" On the December 6, 2008 airing of Saturday Night Live, she appeared as the checkout girl for the Digital Short music video "Jizz in My Pants" by The Lonely Island.
In 2009, Sigler starred in the psychological thriller film Beneath the Dark, which originally had a working title of Wake. The same year, she appeared on ABC's Ugly Betty in a five-episode arc. Beginning in 2012, she appeared as a main character in the short-lived series, Guys with Kids.
In 2001, Sigler released a pop album called Here to Heaven, which featured the single "Cry Baby". The album was a commercial failure. In 2007, she said she was "embarrassed" by the album and regretted releasing it. In 2012, she collaborated with Romeo Santos on the single "You" and appeared in its music video.
In 2002, Sigler co-authored her autobiography, Wise Girl: What I've Learned About Life, Love, and Loss.
Sigler appeared in FHM and was featured in The Girls of FHM 2004.
Sigler met Abraxas "A. J." DiScala when she was 19, and he became her manager. They began dating shortly before she turned 21, and married on July 11, 2003. She subsequently changed her name to Jamie-Lynn DiScala. They separated in September 2005, and she resumed using her maiden name.
In 2008, Sigler visited Israel through the Birthright Israel program and was moved by the trip, calling Israel "one of the most beautiful, inspiring places [she's] ever been to". She said that the trip gave her a greater understanding of her Jewish ancestry. Also in 2008, she began a relationship with actor Jerry Ferrara, whom she met while guest-starring on Entourage as a love interest of Ferrara's character. They split up in 2009. She later dated football player Mark Sanchez.
In 2012, Sigler began dating baseball player Cutter Dykstra, the son of former Major League Baseball player Lenny Dykstra. The two became engaged on January 28, 2013, and announced in February 2013 that they were expecting a baby. Sigler gave birth to their son, Beau Kyle Dykstra, on August 28, 2013. They were married in Palm Springs, California, on January 16, 2016. The couple had their second son in January 2018.
|1998||A Brooklyn State of Mind||Young Angie|
|2003||Death of a Dynasty||Sexy Woman No. 3|
|2005||Extreme Dating||Amy Baker|
|2005||Love Wrecked||Alexis Manetti|
|2006||Homie Spumoni||Alli Butterman|
|2007||New York City Serenade||Lynn|
|2010||Trophy Wife||Christina||Short film|
|2010||Beneath the Dark||Adrienne|
|2012||I Do||Ali Federman|
|2017||Gangster Land||Lulu Rolfe|
|1999–2007||The Sopranos||Meadow Soprano||72 episodes|
|2004||Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss||Heidi Fleiss||Movie|
|2004||Will & Grace||Ro||2 episodes|
|2005||Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica||Jamie-Lynn DiScala||Episode: "The Orange Bowl"|
|2005–2007||Higglytown Heroes||Ms. Fern||3 episodes; voice role|
|2007||The Gathering||Maggy Rule||Miniseries|
|2008||How I Met Your Mother||Jillian||Episode: "Woooo!"|
|2008–2009||Entourage||Jamie-Lynn Sigler||13 episodes|
|2009||Ugly Betty||Natalie||5 episodes|
|2010||Backwash||Prudence||Episode: "Chapter Eight: Lake Pupik"|
|2011||Criminal Behavior||Brooke Kross||Movie|
|2011||Drop Dead Diva||Tina Howard||Episode: "Change of Heart"|
|2012||Last Man Standing||Gabriella||Episode: "Take Your Daughter to Work"|
|2012||Guys with Kids||Emily||17 episodes|
|2014||Dads||Elsa||Episode: "Bully Gene"|
|2015||The Christmas Note||Gretchen Daniels||Movie|
|2016||CSI: Cyber||Sasha Boyd||Episode: "5 Deadly Sins"|
|2016||Baby Daddy||Sara Gilcrest||2 episodes|
|2017||Mommy I Didn't Do It||Movie|
|2018||Magnum P.I.||Toni||Episode: "Bad Day to Be A Hero"|
|2002||"Through the Rain"||Mariah Carey||Kirsten|
|2008||"Jizz in My Pants"||The Lonely Island||Check-Out Girl|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2000||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||The Sopranos||Won|
|2000||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Drama Series: Supporting Young Actress||The Sopranos||Nominated|
|2001||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||The Sopranos||Nominated|
|2001||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Drama Series: Supporting Young Actress||The Sopranos||Nominated|
|2002||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||The Sopranos||Nominated|
|2003||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||The Sopranos||Nominated|
|2005||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||The Sopranos||Nominated|
|2007||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||The Sopranos||Nominated|
|2009||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||The Sopranos||Won|
- "Jamie-Lynn Sigler: Biography". TV Guide. Archived from the original on August 3, 2016. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Bloom, Nate (January 22, 2008). "Interfaith Celebrities: Jews on Ice, Christina's Baby and Meadow's Trip to Israel". InterfaithFamily.com. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Fischler, Marcelle S. (November 24, 2002). "Long Island Journal; Three Who Write the Island's Rhythms". The New York Times. Retrieved October 2, 2007.
- Yacowar, Maurice (2003). "The Sopranos on the Couch: Analyzing Television's Greatest Series". Bloomsbury Academic. ISBN 9780826415417. Retrieved June 21, 2012.
- Reid, Shaheem (October 18, 2001). "Meadow Soprano Sings About Debut Album". MTV.com. Retrieved August 16, 2008. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Festival Trailer - Wake". Dreadcentral.com. March 15, 2010. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- NJ.com - New Jersey Online – The Sopranos Archived October 6, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Jones, Kenneth. "Being Stepmom Is Real Drag for Everett Quinton in 2000-2001 'Cinderella' Tour" Archived November 13, 2013, at the Wayback Machine, Playbill.com, October 19, 2000, accessed December 16, 2011
- "CNN interview December 23, 2005 with Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Jane Fonda, and Shane Sellers". Transcripts.cnn.com. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- Rome Neal (August 19, 2002). "Interview on Eating Disorders". Cbsnews.com. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- "NY PIX Morning News Blog – WPIX-TV". Weblogs.cw11.com. October 15, 2008. Archived from the original on July 26, 2011. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- "hulu.com". hulu.com. June 29, 2010. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- "SXSW '10: First Images from 'Shining'-Inspired 'Wake'!". Bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- "IFC Midnight Acquires SXSW Thriller 'Wake'". Bloody-disgusting.com. June 9, 2010. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- "Meadow's Mea Culpa". New York Post. May 9, 2007. Archived from the original on May 12, 2007.
- "UPDATE: Watch Romeos New Video for You!". Latina.com. May 23, 2011. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- "Children's Book Review: WISE GIRL: What I've Learned About Life, Love, and Loss by Jamie-Lynn Sigler". Publishersweekly.com. July 29, 2002. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- Wulff, Jennifer; Dagostino, Mark (March 3, 2006). "Jamie-Lynn on Ex: 'There's No Hatred'". People. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- "Jamie-Lynn DiScala, Husband Split Up". People. September 25, 2005. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Kraft, Dina (January 22, 2008). "'Sopranos' star on birthright discovers her Jewish spirit". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- "Jamie Lynn Sigler and Jerry Ferrara Going Strong". Hollyscoop.com. June 3, 2009. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- "Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Jerry Ferrara Split". usmagazine.com. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- "Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Mark Sanchez Cozy Up at the Tonys". People.com.
- "Jamie-Lynn Sigler reportedly dating Cutter Dykstra, Lenny's son". larrybrownsports.com.
- "Jamie-Lynn Sigler Is Engaged to Cutter Dykstra: See Her Engagement Ring!". Us Weekly. January 28, 2013. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- Caldwell, Sarah (January 29, 2013). "Jamie-Lynn Sigler is engaged". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Nahas, Aili (February 12, 2013). "Cutter Dykstra and Jamie-Lynn Sigler Expecting First Child". People. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- Takeda, Allison; Puliti, Alisandra (August 28, 2013). "Jamie-Lynn Sigler Gives Birth to Baby Boy, Names Him Beau Kyle Dykstra". Us Weekly. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Jordan, Julie (January 16, 2016). "Jamie-Lynn Sigler Marries Cutter Dysktra". People.com. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- Rossi, Madison (January 16, 2018). "Jamie-Lynn Sigler Welcomes Son Jack Adam". People.com. Retrieved March 4, 2018.
- Jordan, Julie. "Jamie Lynn Sigler Reveals She Has Multiple Sclerosis". People.com. Retrieved January 20, 2016.