Isabelle Diaz Daza-Semblat (born March 6, 1988) is a Filipina actress, television host and model. She is the daughter of Miss Universe 1969 titleholder, Gloria Diaz. She was a member of GMA Network's roster of young talents and was introduced to the mass media entertainment audiences during a dance number on the noontime show Party Pilipinas on April 17, 2011. On November 24, 2014, Daza transferred to ABS-CBN and signed a two-year exclusive contract. She gained recognition for her role in the drama series Tubig at Langis.
Isabelle Diaz Daza
March 6, 1988
|Alma mater||De La Salle University|
|Occupation||Actress, TV host, model|
|Years active||2005–present; 2010–present (showbiz)|
|Agent||GMA Artist Center (2011–2014)|
APT Entertainment (2011-2014)
Star Magic (2014–present)
ABS-CBN Entertainment (2014–present)
Adrien Semblat (m. 2016)
|Parent(s)||Gloria Diaz (mother)|
|Relatives||Nora Daza (grandmother)|
Isabelle Daza is the daughter of Gloria Diaz, the Miss Universe 1969 titleholder, and Gabriel Daza III, a restaurateur and former Makati City councilor. Her grandmother is chef Nora Daza. She has an older brother and a younger sister. Her parents separated when she was seven years old; however, they remained good friends.
After graduating from De La Salle University, she worked as a preschool teacher. She signed a contract with GMA Network Center with her manager, Leo Domingez, and made her debut on Party Pilipinas. In an interview with The Philippine Star, Daza admits that she is still trying to "figure out" her career in acting and she is continuously taking workshops, but her main interest is in hosting. Her first attempt in TV hosting was on a game show with boxing champion Manny Pacquiao, entitled Show Me Da Manny (later renamed Manny Many Prizes.) On August 2, 2011, Daza was launched as the New Face of Sophie Paris Philippines. In late December 2011, Daza joined the longest-running noontime show Eat Bulaga! where she later became a regular co-host.
In 2014, Daza signed a two-year exclusive contract with ABS-CBN. She appeared in the 2015 fantasy drama series Nathaniel starring Marco Masa. She eventually became popular for her major role as Clara in the 2016 melodrama series Tubig at Langis with Cristine Reyes and Zanjoe Marudo. Later on, Daza continues to collaborate with Marudo in the 2018 romantic comedy series Playhouse (with Angelica Panganiban and JJ Quilantang) and for an episode in the drama anthology Maalaala Mo Kaya.
In February 2016, Daza confirmed her engagement with French businessman Adrien Semblat, her boyfriend for seven years. The couple married on September 10, 2016 at the San Francesco Church in Tuscany, Italy. Accordingly, it was her godfather, former senator Bongbong Marcos, who walked her down the aisle on her wedding day.
Her father died last July 14, 2016.
On April 1, 2018, Daza gave birth to her first child, a boy.
|2011||Miss World Philippines 2011||Herself||Host||GMA Network|
|Manny Many Prizes|
|Bubble Gang||Herself (various)||Guest|
|Spooky Nights||Mary Anne||Episode: "The Mommy Returns"|
|Spooky Nights||Mabel||Episode: "Korona"|
|Taste Buddies||Herself||Host||GMA News TV|
|2014||Magpakailanman||Clemen||Episode: "Ang Aking Kakaibang Pag-Ibig"|
|Aquino & Abunda Tonight||Herself||Guest||ABS-CBN|
|Kris TV||Herself||Guest co-host|
|Maalaala Mo Kaya||Myra||Episode: "Manika"|
|Nathaniel||Atty. Martha Amanthe||Co-antagonist|
|2016||Tubig at Langis||Clara Samaniego||Main antagonist|
|2017||Ipaglaban Mo!||Jessica||Episode: "Mental"|
|Maalaala Mo Kaya||Rosalyn||Episode: "Upuan"|
|2018||Playhouse||Lea Samonte||Supporting role|
|2019||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Acel||Episode: "Balsa"|
|2020||Ipaglaban Mo!||Marge||Episode: "Himlayan"|
|2013||It Takes a Man and a Woman||Belle Laurel||Star Cinema, Viva Films|
|Lihis||Ada||Film Development Council of the Philippines, BG Productions International|
|2014||Basement||Rebecca Sanchez||GMA Films|
|Somebody to Love||Valeria||Regal Entertainment|
|Kubot: The Aswang Chronicles||Lex||GMA Films, AgostoDos Pictures, Reality Entertainment|
|2015||Resureksyon||Mara||Regal Entertainment, Reality Entertainment|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2014||11th Golden Screen Awards||Breakthrough Performance by an Actress||Lihis||Nominated|
|28th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Lifestyle Show Host||Taste Buddies||Nominated|
|Dabarkads Awards||Best Actress||Kulungan Kanlugan||Won|
|30th PMPC Star Awards for Movies||New Movie Actress of the Year||It Takes a Man and a Woman||Nominated|
|2013||27th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Game Show Host||Manny Many Prizes||Nominated|
|2012||26th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best New Female TV Personality||Eat Bulaga||Nominated|
|2011||FHM Philippines||Top 10 Sexiest Women||None||Rank # 69|
- "Artist Center - Talent". GMANetwork.com. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "Contestant Profiles". Miss Universe. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/11/24/14/isabelle-daza-now-kapamilya, Isabelle Daza now a Kapamilya
- Gonzalez, Bianca (September 9, 2012). "Gloria Diaz & Isabelle Daza: Don't hate them because they're beautiful... and funny". The Philippine Star. Retrieved September 13, 2016.
- Vila, Alixandra Caole (April 14, 2016). "Isabelle Daza, Erwan Heussaff team up for Payatas". The Philippine Star. Retrieved September 15, 2016.
- ABS-CBN News (August 3, 2015).15 celebs who graduated from La Salle - Isabelle Daza.
- "The New Face of Sophie Paris Philippines - Sophie Paris Philippines". Sophieparis.com.ph. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Acosta, Gene Loves (February 4, 2016). "Breaking News: Isabelle Daza and Adrien Semblat are engaged!". ¡Hola! Philippines. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Isabelle Daza, Adrien Semblat engaged". Rappler. February 5, 2016. Retrieved September 13, 2016.
- Jarloc, Glaiza (September 11, 2016). "Isabelle Daza weds French boyfriend in Tuscany". Sun.Star Manila. Retrieved September 13, 2016.
- Valeza, Karen (September 11, 2016). "Isabelle Daza marries her French beau Adrien Semblat". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- "Bongbong Marcos walks Isabelle Daza down the aisle". The Philippine Star. September 11, 2016. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- "Isabelle Daza's father, Gabriel 'Bong' Daza III, dies". Rappler. July 14, 2016. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- "Isabelle Daza welcomes baby boy". Rappler. Retrieved August 25, 2018.