Party Pilipinas (lit. Party Philippines) is a Philippine television variety show broadcast by GMA Network. Hosted by Regine Velasquez, Ogie Alcasid, Jaya and Janno Gibbs, it premiered on 28 March 2010 replacing SOP and worldwide on GMA Pinoy TV. The show concluded on 19 May 2013 with a total of 160 episodes. It was replaced by Sunday All Stars in its timeslot.
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||160|
|Executive producer(s)||Lui Cadag|
|Production location(s)||Studio 7, GMA Network Center, Quezon City, Philippines|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||150 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||28 March 2010 –|
19 May 2013
Each week, two teams alternate to give the audience a variety in theme and concepts. Director Mark A. Reyes, Margie Morrero (Music Head) and Miggy Tanchanco (Dance Head) leads A-Team's group while Director Rico Gutierrez, Georgy Sibal (Music Head), Shakira Villa-Symes (Lighting Director) and Joe Abuda of ADDLIB (Dance Head) along with DJ Funk Avy, DJ X-Factor and Manila's ultimate fashion design team are Team B's creative group. Each team also has different producers, writers and technical crew. The original writers who are also the creator of the show are Faith Monreal, Jaypee Miguel and Real Florido. The creative team was headed by Rey Agapay, who also became the head writer for both teams when it was divided into two. The writers of Team B are Haydee Belen, Stann Go, Florence Rosini and Mike Rivera.
World-renowned artists like the Asia's Songbird Regine Velasquez, Singer and Songwriter Ogie Alcasid, Queen of Soul Jaya and King of Soul Janno Gibbs headline the group of the country's top performers, which includes R&B Prince and Princess Jay-R and Kyla, Jolina Magdangal, La Diva, Mark Bautista, Christian Bautista and Rachelle Ann Go, just to name a few. Various GMA Network's primetime stars also a regular performers including Marian Rivera, Rhian Ramos, Carla Abellana, Dingdong Dantes, Geoff Eigenmann, Dennis Trillo, Jennylyn Mercado and Mark Anthony Fernandez. New artists are also given a chance to party up with every Sunday. The StarStruck V winners Sarah Lahbati, Steven Silva, Diva Montelaba, Rocco Nacino, and Enzo Pineda joins the party every week, along with the youngest rising stars of today, Joshua Dionisio, Barbie Forteza, Jake Vargas, Bea Binene, Alden Richards, Louise delos Reyes, Derrick Monasterio, Lexi Fernandez, Kristoffer Martin, Joyce Ching, Elmo Magalona and Julie Anne San Jose. Party Pilipinas also marks the return of the most famous twin brothers in the country, Richard Gutierrez and Raymond Gutierrez, who host the show together with the group of partyjocks, which include Tim Yap, KC Montero, Isabelle Daza, and Isabel Oli.
Party Pilipinas is an "all-party and all-positive vibes" show, according to the Corporate Communications Department of GMA Network and the show's new production manager, Ruth Mariñas. Mariñas takes over the post of Ramel David, who in turn replaced Hazel Abonita. Through an interview via Chika Minute in 24 Oras, Ogie Alcasid stated that Party Pilipinas will circle the entire country and hopefully the whole world. The show premiered on 28 March 2010 replacing the defunct SOP, a former Sunday afternoon party of the same timeslot. After 13 years of airing, the former show bid goodbye due to low ratings against the rival show in ABS-CBN, ASAP. Teasers started to come out on commercial with the slogan, "The grandest and hippest party in Philippine television has finally landed on GMA - Party Pilipinas!" 
The four main hosts of SOP Regine Velasquez, Ogie Alcasid, Janno Gibbs, and Jaya are retained, along with the R&B Royalties Kyla and Jay-R, plus, La Diva. In addition, former ASAP performers Rachelle Ann Go and Mark Bautista, both Viva artists also joined the show.
Louie Ignacio left the show after 25 April episode, due to unknown reason It was temporarily directed by Rommel Gacho from 2 May to the 23 May episode. Soon after, two directors replaced Ignacio, namely Mark A. Reyes and Rico Gutierrez.
The show also became witness to some of engagements in the Philippines' show business. Ogie Alcasid and Regine Velasquez announced their wedding engagement on 8 August 2010 episode. Velasquez also had her pre-nuptial message and confirmation of pregnancy in the show. PBA player Rich Alvarez and R&B Princess Kyla made known their wedding engagement also in the show during 13 February 2011 episode. On 28 October 2012, the couple announced that they are expecting their first baby on the show. In addition, Jolina Magdangal and Mark Escueta revealed to the public that they are engaged on 6 June 2011 episode.
The show celebrated its one-year anniversary on 27 March 2011, having a simultaneous live performances in four key cities in the Philippines: Manila (GMA Studio 7), Baguio City (Melvin Jones Grandstand), Davao City (Rizal Park) and Cebu City (Fuente Osmeña Circle) with four directors namely Noel Cabacungan, Rommel Gacho, Ding Bolanos and Mark A. Reyes. The anniversary episode also included the launch of GMA's Summer Station ID for 2011, "Halo-Halo Ang Summer Saya".
On 17 April to 15 May 2011, GB Sampedro alongside Mark A. Reyes headed the show. Sampedro replaced Gutierrez because the latter had resigned from co-directing the show. On 24 July 2011 Treb Monteras replaced Sampedro from directing the show.
Party Pilipinas became also a home to international guests including U-KISS (28 March 2010, 13 June 2010), Jason Derulo (25 July 2010), Dan Hill (6 February 2011), Far East Movement (13 March 2011), Chauncey Black of Blackstreet (29 January 2012) and Jay Park (6 May 2012).
In 2011, the show received its first award at Catholic Mass Media Awards as Best Entertainment Program, and September 2011, former Pinoy Dream Academy finalist Irish Fullerton performed for the firsttime on the show as part of her debut on GMA Network from additional to the group.
On 17 June 2012, Direk Rico Gutierrez returned to direct Party Pilipinas Team B, starting with Party Pilipinas: Believe episode.
On 8 February 2013, the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) meted a six-month probation period on the show for a dance number that was deemed "sexually charged" by the Board. The MTRCB also ordered GMA-7 to make a public apology.
On 24 March 2013, former ASAP co-host and performer Christian Bautista performed for the first time on the show as part of his debut on GMA Network. He reunited with his co-former ASAP co-hosts and performers Rachelle Ann Go, also his former girlfriend, and Mark Bautista, a good friend of his, with former Pilipinas Got Talent finalist singer Sherwin Baguion, and former Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010 finalist Fretzie Bercede while additional to the group.
Party Pilipinas was set in different destinations during Summer 2013 as a celebration of the 3rd anniversary of the show. The show was held at Ynares Center, Antipolo City; Philippine Navy Headquarters, Manila; Le Pavillon, Metropolitan Park, Roxas Boulevard; and Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay City. The show's 100,000-sq-m studio in the GMA compound in Quezon City was converted into a state-of-the art hub for the network's 28 hours coverage of the automated elections called "Eleksyon 2013" for 13 May 2013, Monday .
On 19 May 2013, was the last show and was terminated. The last episode of Party Pilipinas was entitled "Take A Bow" and the "Big Four", Regine Velasquez, Jaya, Janno Gibbs, and Ogie Alcasid are reunited once again on the Party Pilipinas stage. Kyla also made an appearance on the show shortly after her delivery. Jonalyn Viray, Alden Richards, and Mark Bautista launched their new albums, respectively, as well.
This section does not cite any sources. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Regine Velasquez-Alcasid (2010–2011; 2011–2013)
- Ogie Alcasid (2010–2013)
- Jaya Ramsey-Gotidoc (2010–2013)
- Janno Gibbs (2010–2013)
Co-hosts and performersEdit
- Aicelle Santos (2010–2013)
- Aira Bermudez
- Alden Richards (2011–2013)
- Aljur Abrenica (2010–2013)
- Alvin De Castro
- Arkin Magalona
- Barbie Forteza
- Bea Binene (2010–2013)
- Benjamin Alves
- Bianca King
- Bubbles Paraiso
- Carla Abellana (2010–2013)
- Christian Bautista  (2013)
- Derrick Monasterio
- Dingdong Dantes
- Diva Montelaba
- Down to Mars
- Ehra Madrigal
- Elmo Magalona
- Enzo Pineda
- Eugene Herrera
- Frencheska Farr (2010–2013)
- Geoff Eigenmann
- Gian Barbarona
- Glaiza de Castro
- Gloc 9
- Gian Magdangal
- Heart Evangelista-Escudero
- Irish Fullerton
- Isabel Oli
- Isabelle Daza
- Jak Roberto
- Jake Vargas
- Jay Perillo
- Jennylyn Mercado (2010–2013)
- Jeric Gonzales
- Jason Castro
- Jillian Ward
- Jolina Magdangal-Escueta (2010–2013)
- Jonalyn Viray (2010–2013)
- Joyce Ching
- Julian Trono
- Julie Anne San Jose (2010–2013)
- KC Montero
- Ken Chan
- Kris Bernal (2010–2013)
- Kris Lawrence
- Kristofer Martin
- Kylie Padilla
- Lexi Fernandez
- Louise delos Reyes
- Lovi Poe (2010–2013)
- Marian Rivera
- Maricris Garcia
- Mark Bautista (2010–2013)
- Mark Herras (2010–2013)
- Mayton Eugenio
- Maxene Magalona
- Michelle Madrigal
- Michael Pangilinan
- Mike Tan
- Mikoy Morales
- Mona Louise Rey
- Rachelle Ann Go
- Rafael Rosell
- Raymond Gutierrez
- Rhian Ramos
- Richard Gutierrez
- Rita Daniela
- Rocco Nacino
- Rochelle Pangilinan
- Ruru Madrid
- Sam Pinto
- Sef Cadayona
- Sherwin Baguion
- Sexbomb Girls
- Solenn Heussaff
- Steven Silva
- Thea Tolentino
- Tim Yap
- Trina Alcantara
- Wynwyn Marquez
- Yassi Pressman (2010–2013)
- Yssa Alvarez
Former co-hosts / performersEdit
- Andi Manzano (2010–2011)
- Bela Padilla (2010–2012; left due to her Jehovah's Witnesses faith)
- Bernard Cardona
- Chloe McCulley
- Dennis Trillo
- Gaz Holgate
- Geoff Taylor (2010–2011)
- Gino Quillamor
- Gwen Zamora
- Gwendoline Ruais
- Hanna Flores
- Iza Calzado (2010–2012; moved to ABS-CBN)
- Joshua Dionisio (2010–2012; returned to ABS-CBN)
- Katrina Halili (2010–2012; left due to pregnancy)
- Kenneth Monico
- Kevin Cisco
- Marc Abaya
- Marvin Agustin
- Miguel Escueta
- Ronnie Liang
- Sarah Lahbati (2010–2012; left due to breach of GMA Network contract)
- Sunshine Dizon (2010; left due to pregnancy)
- Rico Barrera
- Rico Robles
- Venus Raj (2010–2011; moved to ABS-CBN, now a freelancer)
- Will Devaughn
- XLR8 (2010–2012)
- Ynna Asistio
Party Pilipinas started the trend of presenting its upcoming episodes through "themed" teasers. The show also started promoting upcoming episodes a week in advance, a far cry from the usual TV promotion timeline of three days in advance for weekly variety shows.
|2010||PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Musical Variety Show||Nominated|
|2011||Best Musical Variety Show||Nominated|
|Golden Screen TV Awards||Outstanding Musical Program||Nominated|
|Catholic Mass Media Awards||Best Entertainment Program||Won|
|2012||University of Mindanao Student Survey||Best Variety Show||Won|
|PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Musical Variety Show||Nominated|
|Golden Screen TV Awards||Best Musical Variety Show||Nominated|
|2013||USTv Students' Choice Awards||Best Talk/Variety Show||Won|
- Ogie Alcasid confirms SOP will air final episode on 28 Feb. GMA News.
- Party Pilipinas to rock the house GMA Network.
- Party Pilipinas replaces SOP PEP.ph.
- ‘SOP’ bids goodbye on Sunday Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 2 June 2012
- Sop bids farewell with an unforgettable concert Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- The final S.O.P. concert party PEP.ph. Retrieved 28 February 2012
- PEP: Party Pilipinas off to a rousing start GMA Network. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- Mark Bautista, now a GMA Artist PEP.ph
- Rachelle Ann Go, officially a Party Pilipinas performer PEP.ph
- Louie Ignacio resigns as director of Party Pilipinas PEP.ph.
- Former Party Pilipinas director Louie Ignacio clears the name of Regine Velasquez PEP.ph. Retrieved 5 May 2010
- Party Pilipinas airs on 3D Argon.com
- Party Pilipinas, gumawa ng kasaysayan sa TV Industry iGMA
- VIDEO: 24 Oras GMA Network. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- Ogie Alcasid-Regine Velasquez engagement PEP.ph
- Ogie Alcasid and Regine Velasquez getting married this year, possibly on 22 December Spot.ph. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- Regine Velasquez confirms pregnancy PEP.ph
- Singer Kyla is now engaged to PBA player Rich Alvarez PEP.ph. Retrieved 2 October 2011
- Kyla is engaged to cager Rich Alvarez ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2 October 2011
- Jolina Magdangal and Mark Escueta now engaged PEP.ph
- Party Pilipinas celebrates 1st anniversary on 27 March GMA Network. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- Party Pilipinas celebrates 1st anniversary in four destinations nationwide PEP.ph. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- Party Pilipinas marks its 1st Anniversary Yahoo! Philippines. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- Party Pilipinas celebrates anniversary PEP.ph
- Sampedro, permanent vacation from party P. Manila Bulletin.
- GMA News: UKISS in Manila http://www.gmanews.tv/video/57607/korean-pop-group-u-kiss-is-in-town
- Philippine Entertainment Portal http://www.pep.ph/celeb/events/22874/rain-takes-the-philippine-concert-stage-by-storm/1/1 Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Jason Derulo nag-perform sa Party Pilipinas Archived 16 April 2013 at Archive.today YES Fm!. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- Party Pilipinas In Love Duets - Dan Hill, Kyla, Glaiza, Jennylyn, Francheska etc. 01/06/11 YoStuff. Retrieved 6 January 2011
- Far East Movement member admits he fell in love with a Filipina Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 15 March 2011
- Party Pilipinas: Jay Park, bumisita sa Party Pilipinas GMA Network. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- Marian and Jay Park leads Party Pilipinas' Promdi Philippine Star. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- CMMA Winners for 2011 GMA News
- ‘Party Pilipinas’ put on probation over ‘lewd’ dance - from the Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Santiago, Erwin (31 March 2010). "(UPDATED) AGB Mega Manila TV Ratings (March 26–30): Pepito Manaloto hits the jackpot". Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- Tuazon, Nikko (21 May 2013). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila Household Ratings (May 16 to 19): GMA-7's Sunday variety show Party Pilipinas beats ASAP 18 on its finale". Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- PMPC Star Awards 2010 Metropolitan Manila
- PMPC Star Awards 2011 Winners Manila Paper
- Golden Screen TV Awards Winners
- GMA, humakot ng awards sa CMMA GMA News
- University of Mnindanap Student Survey Results Philippine Star