Basement (2014 film)
This article is missing information about the film's theatrical/home media release, and reception.May 2018)(
Basement is a 2014 horror film directed by Topel Lee. The film is a joint project by Coffee House Productions and Springboard Film Productions and will be distributed by GMA Films. The film was released on February 12, 2014, serving it as the Valentine offering movie of GMA Films.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Topel Lee|
|Produced by||Annette Gozon-Abrogar |
|Written by||Topel Lee |
Rona Lean Sales
Louise delos Reyes
Mona Louise Rey
|Music by||Diwa de Leon|
|Edited by||Jay Halili|
Coffee House Productions
|Distributed by||GMA Films|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (May 2018)
A group of people gets stuck in a basement parking for the night. At the onset, some are irritated and just can't wait to go home, while some don't even give a damn, knowing they can easily come out the next day. But when the power is shut off and as it gets close to midnight, strange things start to happen.
It all starts with one death. Followed by another and another. They don't really witness the killings, but they hear the screaming, and they see the bloodied bodies thereafter, making them fear for their lives.
As the night unfolds, they soon realize they're not dealing with an ordinary being. There's an evil creature stuck inside the basement with them. But what kind of creature is this? And how can they fight it? 
- Betong Sumaya as Bernard
- Alvin Aragon as Parley
- Carl Acosta as GJ
- Chynna Ortaleza as Angela
- Dex Quindoza as Lui
- Dion Ignacio as Mendoza
- Ellen Adarna as the victim
- Enzo Pineda as Jules
- Jan Manual as Migs
- Kevin Santos as Mang Mario
- Kristofer Martin as Macoy
- Louise delos Reyes as Roxy
- Mona Louise Rey as Anna
- Pilita Corrales as Lola Meding
- RJ Padilla as Dondie
- Sarah Lahbati as Eliza
- Teejay Marquez as Ryan
- Anton Ferrer
- Aljur Abrenica
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2018)
Topel Lee said the film was ten years in the making because of the CG (computer graphics) requirements.
- GMA News Online (2014). "Dion Ignacio plays a drug dealer in horror film Basement". gmanetwork.com. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- Philstar.com (2014). "Reality Entertainment, GMA Films offer a unique 'V' movie fare". Philstar.com. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- Manila Standard Today (2014). "A unique Valentine movie experience". MST.ph. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- gmanetwork.com (2014). "Basement's synopsis section". gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2014. Check date values in:
- Mario E. Bautista (2014). "Film review: Basement A horror movie for Valentine's Day". Philstar.com. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
|This article about a film made in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|