Intex Technologies, is an Indian multinational electronics manufacturing services company that specializes in smartphones, consumer electronics, and accessories manufacturer, founded in 1996. It is headquartered in New Delhi, Delhi NCT, India. Intex was India's second-largest mobile phone company by sales. This company operates as an IT hardware and electronics distribution company in India.
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Keshav Bansal (Director)|
|Services||Electronics manufacturing services|
|Revenue||₹6,200 crore (US$870 million)|
Number of employees
The company offers computer products such as TFT-LCD monitors, notebooks, CRT monitors, and personal computers; and computer peripherals, including add-on cards and products, cabinets, Ethernet cards and switches, fax modems, keyboards, mouse, SMPS and UPS systems, and webcams. It also provides consumer electronic products such as MP3 players, DVD players, headphones, home theater systems, and speakers and subwoofers; power electronics including home UPS systems; CRT and LCD televisions; and mobile phones and phone accessories.
In 2012, from an IT product company, Intex Technologies expanded its consumer durables portfolio with the entry in LED TVs business. Today, the LED TVs business has seen a growth of over 150% and currently, the company has 6% share in LED TVs and 3% share in washing machines nationally.
- Dwivedi, Vinay (20 June 2016). "My Enterprise: How Narendra Bansal grew Intex Tech turnover from Rs 1.18 cr to over Rs 6K cr". The Economic Times.
- "Intex Technologies expects 50% of revenue from consumer durables by 2017-end".
- Datta, Aveek (20 September 2016). "As competition heats up, Intex's Bansals make some clever calls". Forbes India.
- "Intex Phones". NDTV Convergence Ltd.
- "Company Overview of IntexTechnologies (India) Ltd".
- "How Narendra Bansal made Intex India's third-largest selling mobile phone". The Economic Times. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Intex Technologies targets 25% revenue share in consumer durables". Kochi: The Hindu Business Line. 6 August 2017.
- Kumar, Krishna (4 August 2017). "Intex consumer durable division to double turnover to Rs 2000 crore". The Economic Times.
- "Intex appoints Madhuri Dixit as brand ambassador for consumer durable products". The Economic Times. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Intex Wins Ownership Rights for New Indian Premier League Team". NDTV. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- Venkatesh, Shruti (22 June 2017). "Intex's Bansal keen to acquire IPL franchise". Forbes India.