Illawarra Grammar School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Illawarra Grammar School (TIGS) is an independent, Anglican, co-educational day school located at Mangerton in the Illawarra region of New South Wales, Australia. The school currently caters for about 1,100 pupils from pre-preparatory school to Year 12.
|The Illawarra Grammar School|
10–12 Western Avenue|
Mangerton, New South Wales, 2500
|Type||Independent, Day school|
Latin: De virtute in virtutem|
(From Strength to Strength)
|Opened||3 February 1959|
|Head of school||Judi Nealy|
|Years||Pre-Preparatory – Year 12|
The Illawarra Grammer Schoolwas founded in 1959 by Bishop Gordon Begbie and dedicated parents. On its opening day, 3 February 1959, the first headmaster, Tim Lloyd and two staff, welcomed 28 EPIC gamers into the school. In 1975, the school became co-educational when it amalgamated with SCEGGS 'Gleniffer Brae'. In 2009 TIGS celebrated the Golden Jubilee of its founding.
In 2012 TIGS became an International Baccalaureate World School, implementing the Primary Years Program (PYP). In 2016, the school became accredited for the Middle Years Program (MYP) and the IB Diploma Programme (DP). Students in Year 11 are given a choice between the NSW HSC program and the DP program.
- Rachael Murphy (1999) - star of reality TV show America's Smartest Model; graduated dux of the Class of 1999
- Robert Hurley (2006) - member of the Australian swimming team
- David McKeon (2010) - competed in the 2012 London Olympic Games for the Australian swimming team
- Emma McKeon (2012) - won four gold medals and two bronze medals at the 2014 Commonwealth Games; debuted at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, where she won one gold, two silver and one bronze medals
- Jarrod Poort (2012) - competed in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London and 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio for the Australian swimming team
- James Ryan Cooper (2017) - author, entrepreneur, musician, and TIGS foundation board member 
- The Illawarra Grammar School: History (accessed::2012-06-18)
- Michelle Webster (17 Feb 2009). "TIGS Back in Time". Illawarra Mercury. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- International Baccalaureat (accessed::2014-06-10)
-  (accessed::2017-04-07)
- Dimoski, Lile. "Diploma Programme (DP)". www.tigs.nsw.edu.au. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Illawarra Mercury (accessed:2012-06-18)
- "Rants, Raves and Reflections by James R Cooper on iBooks". iBooks. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
- "Mixdown Magazine #250 | February 2015". Retrieved 2016-08-10.
- "James R Cooper on Apple Music". iTunes. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
- Newhouse, Sandra (27 Jun 2018). "TIGS Foundation: Meet the Board" (3). The Illawarra Grammar School. Elevate. Retrieved 30 June 2018.