I Can Do That (U.S. TV series)
I Can Do That is an American entertainment television series broadcast on the U.S. television network NBC. It was launched on May 26, 2015, and was broadcast at 10 pm on Tuesday nights. The show is hosted by comedian and actor Marlon Wayans. Nicole Scherzinger was crowned the inaugural champion.
|I Can Do That|
|Created by||Armoza Formats|
|Presented by||Marlon Wayans|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Executive producer(s)||Audrey Morrissey
Elwin De Groot
|Running time||42−44 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Universal Television
|Original release||May 26 – June 30, 2015|
Six star entertainers rival each other competing and showcasing their talents with some chosen classic and unique acts that need skills they will learn to implement practicing with the original acts. After a week of training, they re-perform their acts live, with the public voting on the best re-enacted act of the week. The audience's vote for the best act of the week corresponds to the amount of points the celebrity gains for that week with; 1st earning 3 points, 2nd earning 2 points, and 3rd earning 1 point. At the end of 6 weeks, the celebrity with the most points earns a Trophy and the title of "The Greatest Entertainer". On July 2, 2015, NBC renewed the series for a second season.
After the renewal, the show has so far not had a second season, and did not return for the summer 2016 or 2017 seasons. NBC has removed it from the list of the current shows, indicating that it may have been ultimately cancelled after a single season.
The American version of "I Can Do That" is based on the original format of the same name, launched by Israeli company Armoza Formats. The format has now been sold to over 20 other countries.
- Nicole Scherzinger, singer, former lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls, dancer, and actress.
- Cheryl Burke, dancer and choreographer on Dancing with the Stars
- Ciara, singer, dancer and actress
- Jeff Dye, stand-up comedian from Last Comic Standing 6
- Joe Jonas, former lead singer of the Jonas Brothers, actor and lead singer of DNCE
- Alan Ritchson, actor and singer
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6|
|Ep. #||Title||Original air date||Viewers
|1||"The Harlem Globetrotters, Penn and Teller, Airealistic"||May 26, 2015||6.40|
|2||"Jabbawockeez, Christian and Scooby, The Quiddlers"||June 2, 2015||5.49|
|3||"Blue Man Group, Double Dutch, Ben Blaque"||June 9, 2015||5.59|
|4||"Board Breakers, Avenue Q, Pilobolus"||June 16, 2015||4.42|
|5||"Burn the Floor, Skating Aratas, Grounded Aerial"||June 23, 2015||4.93|
|6||"Snoop Dogg, The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, Tell-A-Vision"||June 30, 2015||5.07|
- Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera, Pharrell Williams and Blake Shelton make a cameo in the first episode, where Joe Jonas is teleported by Penn and Teller's magic box to the set of The Voice.
- Doug E. Fresh both mentored Jeff Dye and Joe Jonas in place of Snoop Dogg for most of Week 6, and performed with them live.
|Israel (original version)||I can do that!||Channel 2 (Keshet)||?||2014|
|Albania||Ne nje jave||Top Channel||Arbana Osmani||2015|
|Bulgaria||И аз го мога||Nova TV||Stanimir Gamov||2015|
|Colombia||Que camello||Caracol Televisión||Santiago Rodriguez||2016 - present|
|Croatia||Ja to mogu!||HRT 1||Barbara Kolar||2015 - 2016|
|Germany||I can do that!||ZDF||Steven Gӓtjen||2016 - present|
|India||I can do that||Zee TV||Farhan Akhtar||2015|
|Italy||Si può fare!||Rai 1||Carlo Conti||2014 - 2015|
|Philippines||I can do that!||ABS-CBN||Robi Domingo and Alex Gonzaga||2017|
|Portugal||Desafio total||RTP 1||Silvia Alberto and Marco Horácio||2014|
|Russia||Я cмory!||Rossiya 1||Timur Rodriguez and Vladimir Stonienko||2014|
|Spain||Eso lo hago yo||laSexta||Carlos Sobera||2016|
|United States (Spanish)||¡Sí se puede!||Telemundo||Rafael Araneda||2015|
|Vietnam||Tôi có thể||HTV7||Minh Xù||2017|
- ^ Both Jeff & Nicole's and Joe & Alan's acts received the same amount of audience votes, so both placed second in Week 3 and received two points.
- ^ All six celebrities were divided into two teams of three for one final performance consisting of all the performances done over the course of the competition. The team of 3 that received the most audience votes, won 3 extra points. The team of Nicole, Joe & Alan were revealed to have the most votes and received 3 points, while the team of Cheryl, Jeff & Ciara received 0 points.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 2, 2015). "'I Can Do That' Renewed for Second Season by NBC". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "NBC current shows". Retrieved August 19, 2016.
- "Tuesday Final Ratings: No Adjustement for 'iZombie', 'America's Got Talent' or '500 Questions' - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers.
- "TV Ratings Tuesday: 'America's Got Talent' & 'I Can Do That' Dip + 'iZombie' & 'Hell's Kitchen' Flat - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers.
- "TV Ratings Tuesday: 'iZombie' Finale Hits Low, 'America's Got Talent' & 'Hell's Kitchen' Down, 'I Can Do That' & 'Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader' Up as NBA Finals Games 3 Dominates Night - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 17, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Adjusted Up + Final NBA & FIFA Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 17, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (June 24, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 1, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Adjusted Up; 'Beats the Champion' Adjusted Down + Final FIFA Women's World Cup Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 2, 2015.