Hong Wei (traditional Chinese: 洪煒; simplified Chinese: 洪炜; born 4 October 1989) is a Chinese professional badminton player. He competed at the 2016 Rio in the men's doubles event, and placed fourth after losing the bronze medal match to Great Britain pair Chris Langridge and Marcus Ellis.
Hong Wei (left) at 2016 Indonesia Super Series Premier
|Born||4 October 1989|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||77 kg (170 lb)|
|Highest ranking||2 (17 November 2016)|
BWF World ChampionshipsEdit
|Chai Biao|| Liu Cheng
|2017||Wuhan Sports Center Gymnasium,
|Chai Biao|| Huang Kaixiang
|2012||Qingdao Sports Centre Conson Stadium,
|Shen Ye|| Hiroyuki Endo
|Pan Pan|| Zhang Nan
The BWF Superseries, launched on December 14, 2006 and implemented in 2007, is a series of elite badminton tournaments, sanctioned by Badminton World Federation (BWF). BWF Superseries has two level such as Superseries and Superseries Premier. A season of Superseries features twelve tournaments around the world, which introduced since 2011, with successful players invited to the Superseries Finals held at the year end.
|2016||Indonesia Open||Chai Biao|| Lee Yong-dae
|21–13, 13–21, 16–21||Runner-up|
|2016||Malaysia Open||Chai Biao|| Kim Gi-jung
|2015||Dubai World Superseries Finals||Chai Biao|| Mohammad Ahsan
|21–13, 14–21, 14–21||Runner-up|
|2015||China Open||Chai Biao|| Kim Gi-jung
|2015||India Open||Chai Biao|| Mads Conrad-Petersen
Mads Pieler Kolding
|2014||Dubai World Superseries Finals||Chai Biao|| Lee Yong-dae
|21–19, 19–21, 16–21||Runner-up|
|2014||China Open||Chai Biao|| Lee Yong-dae
|2014||Malaysia Open||Chai Biao|| Goh V Shem
Lim Khim Wah
|2014||Korea Open||Fu Haifeng|| Mathias Boe
|2013||Japan Open||Chai Biao|| Mohammad Ahsan
BWF Grand PrixEdit
|2017||Swiss Open||Chai Biao|| Liu Cheng
|13–21, 21–16, 21–15||Winner|
|2015||Indonesian Masters||Chai Biao|| Berry Angriawan
Rian Agung Saputro
|2014||Swiss Open||Chai Biao|| Fu Haifeng
|2013||Swiss Open||Chai Biao|| Ko Sung-hyun
|21–14, 18–21, 21–14||Winner|
|2013||German Open||Chai Biao|| Liu Xiaolong
|2012||German Open||Shen Ye|| Jung Jae-sung
|21–19, 18–21, 21–19||Winner|
- "Players: Hong Wei". bwfbadminton.com. Badminton World Federation. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "洪炜：踏上羽球路全凭兴趣 全运会成契机一步登天". news.sports.cn (in Chinese). 羽毛球雜誌. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "Chinese shuttlers suffer triple-strike in badminton as Li out of medal competition". www.chinadaily.com.cn. China Daily. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "BWF Launches Super Series". Badminton Australia. 15 December 2006.
- "Yonex All England Elevated To BWF Premier Super Series Event". Badmintonstore.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.