Telecommunications equipment(Redirected from High tech manufacturing)
Telecommunications equipment (also telecoms equipment or communications equipment) is hardware used for the purposes of telecommunications. Since the 1990s the boundary between telecoms equipment and IT hardware has become blurred as a result of the growth of the internet and its increasing role in the transfer of telecoms data.
Telecommunications equipment can be broadly broken down into the following categories:
- Public switching equipment
- Transmission equipment
- Customer premises equipment (CPE)
The world's ten largest telecommunications equipment vendors, 2017 revenues are:
- "Telecoms equipment - We have the technology". The Economist. 1 October 1998. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Twisted pair - Nokia and Siemens pool their network divisions to form a new firm". The Economist. 22 June 2006. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Ypsilanti, Dimitri; Plantin, Amy (1991). Telecommunications Equipment: Changing Markets and Trade Structures. OECD Publishing. p. 16. ISBN 9789264135536.
- "Telecommunication equipment companies ranked by overall revenue in 2017 (in billion U.S. dollars)". Statista.com. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Telecommunications equipment.|