ECI Telecom Ltd is an Israel-based manufacturer of telecommunications equipment that provides packet optical transport products, SDN/NFV applications, a cybersecurity solution and a range of professional services.
|Products||Transport, Carrier Ethernet, SDN/NFV, Network Management Systems, Services|
The Electronics Corporation of Israel (ECI) was founded in 1961. It specialized in telephone transmission products that manipulated the signals carried on telephone lines. The Electronics Corporation of Israel became ECI Telecom in 1981, and had its first trading on NASDAQ in 1982. Since that time, ECI has undergone a number of mergers and acquisitions, most recently an acquisition in 2007 by the Swarth Group and the Ashmore Group, private equity firms, making ECI a private company once again.
ECI serves carriers and service providers in various sectors: cable/multiple system operators, wireless/cellular service providers, utilities, carrier of carriers, data centers, government and defense entities worldwide. The focus is on providing end-to-end solutions[buzzword] for multi-play services, business services, voice services, cellular backhaul, utelco and network security.
Former holdings and spin-offsEdit
- ECtel - provider of Revenue assurance solution sold to cVidya in 2010.
- Veraz Networks - provider of Softswitch solutions merged with NexVerse Networks to form a new company called Veraz Networks in 2002.
- InnoWave ECI Wireless Systems Ltd - sold to Alvarion in 2003
- Celtro communication Ltd - provider of Cellular network Backhaul (telecommunications) optimization and compression solutions, worked as an independent business unit within the NGTS division was spun off to a privet investor group led by the Momentum Venture Management fund in 2003.
- ECI Telecom Ltd Completes Acquisition by Private Equity Group, retrieved 2009-10-06
- "Integrated Revenue Intelligence Solutions (IRIS®) suite launched by cVidya - VanillaPlus - The global voice of Telecoms IT". 15 March 2010.
- Laing, Yehezkel, "ECI subsidiary NGTS to merge with US company Dialogic Corporation", Jerusalem Post - November 1, 2002 -, retrieved 2009-11-11
- "Alvarion Closes Acquisition Of InnoWave, ECI's Fixed Wireless Subsidiary".
- "ECI spin-off Celtro raises $2.7m - Globes". Globes.
- "ECI Telecom and Momentum Management Announce Spin-Off of Celtro Inc".
- "Cellular Infrastructure Firm Celtro Spins Off From ECI". 12 September 2003 – via Haaretz.