This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Revised Romanization||Guri-si|
Coming into Guri.
Location in South Korea
|Administrative divisions||8 dong|
|• Total||33.3 km2 (12.9 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,550/km2 (14,400/sq mi)|
The Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty are located in the city. The low mountain of Achasan is also located here, site of the Baekje-era Achasanseong and numerous hiking trails. It also has pleasant walking paths along Wang-suk-cheon, a small creek separating Guri from Namyangju. The traditional town market in Doldari (Guri's downtown around what used to be a "stone bridge") provides a cheap alternative to department stores.
Guri first became a separate city in 1986. Previously, it had been considered part of Yangju from antiquity until 1980, and part of Namyangju from 1980 to 1986. The name "Guri" was first used in 1914, at which time it was a myeon in Yangju. Guri is connected to Seoul via a commuter railway (Gyeongui–Jungang Line), as well as numerous city transit and intercity buses. In 2014, the extension of Seoul Subway Line 8 began which will connect Guri to the Seoul Metro in October 2023.
The whole area is 33.29㎢. In fact, Guri used to be bigger but some of the townships were incorporated into Seoul and other cities surrounding Guri.
The Gwangju mountains are around the north-western area of Guri City. They are usually higher than 1000 meters, but to the exact west, there are lower hills.
Wamgsil Stream and the Han River flow into city and it has about seventeen tributaries.
Notable people from GuriEdit
- BoA – singer, dancer, songwriter, record producer and actress
- Jang Dongwoo – singer, rapper, dancer, model, songwriter, producer, actor and MC (Infinite and Infinite H)
- Xiumin – singer, rapper, dancer, model, actor and MC (EXO, EXO-M and EXO-CBX)
- Gong Myung – actor and singer (5urprise)
- Choi Yoo-jung – singer, rapper, dancer, songwriter and actress (Weki Meki)
- Jihyo – singer, dancer and MC (Twice)
- Doyoung - singer, dancer and MC (NCT, NCT U and NCT 127)
- "Calamba welcomes delegation from sister city in Korea". balita.ph. 25 January 2013. Archived from the original on 11 September 2017. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "International Partnership | City of Carrollton, TX". Archived from the original on 2014-04-27. Retrieved 2013-07-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guri.|