This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Gyeongui–Jungang Line is a commuter rail service of the Seoul Metropolitan Subway system, operating on trackage from the Gyeongui Line (opened on July 1, 2009) and the Jungang Line (opened on December 16, 2005).
|System||Seoul Metropolitan Subway|
|Opened||27 December 2014|
|Depot(s)||Munsan Depot, Yongmun Depot|
|Rolling stock||Korail Class 321000 (21 trains)|
Korail Class 331000 (27 trains)
|Line length||124 km (77 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2 (Munsan–Neunggok, Gajwa–Jipyeong, Gajwa–Seoul) |
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||25 kV AC 60 Hz|
Frequent service is provided between Munsan and Jipyeong by 8-car trains. However, some services (run by 4-car trains) split for Seoul Station east of Gajwa. Additionally, many trains terminate at various locations on the line such as Ilsan, Neunggok, Daegok, Yongsan, Cheongnyangni, Deokso, and Yangpyeong.
Trains travel along the Gyeongui (Munsan-Seoul Station/Gajwa), Yongsan (Gajwa-Yongsan), Gyeongwon (Yongsan-Hoegi), and Jungang (Hoegi-Jipyeong) lines.
The line runs on the left-hand side of the track, like all other Korail-run Seoul Metropolitan Subway lines.
- December 16: The Jungang Line section is officially opened from Yongsan to Deokso as the Yongsan-Deokso Line.
- December 27: The Jungang Line section is extended eastward from Deokso to Paldang. The Yongsan-Deokso Line is renamed to the Jungang Line.
- December 29: The Jungang Line section is extended eastward from Paldang to Guksu.
- July 1: The Gyeongui Line section is officially opened from Munsan to Digital Media City as the Gyeongui Line, with a spur line to Seoul Station.
- December 23: The Jungang Line section is extended eastward from Guksu to Yongmun. Sinwon Station is opened as an in-fill station on the Jungang Line section.
- December 21: Sangbong Station and Obin Station open as in-fill stations on the Jungang Line section.
- December 15: The Gyeongui Line section's main line is extended eastward from Digital Media City to Gongdeok.
- October 25: Gangmae Station opens as an in-fill station on the Gyeongui Line section.
- December 27: The Gyeongui Line section is extended eastward from Gongdeok to Yongsan, and the present Gyeongui-Jungang Line is formed after Gyeongui and Jungang lines are merged.
- October 31: Yadang Station opens as an in-fill station.
- April 30: Hyochang Park Station opens as an in-fill station.
- January 21: The line is extended eastward from Yongmun to Jipyeong.
The line is planned to be extended northward from Munsan to Dorasan Station on the Gyeongui Line, replacing "'Tonggeun" service operating there. It will be extended up to Imjingang Station by the end of 2019, and all the way to Dorasan sometime beyond 2019.
Rapid (Express) trainsEdit
Korail operates a variety of express "rapid" (급행) trains for regional services on the Gyeongui-Jungang Line. These services include:
- Gyeongui Line express services via the Seoul Station branch, operating express between Munsan (or Ilsan) and Gajwa and then continuing as local trains to Seoul Station.
- Gyeongui Line express services via the Yongsan Line, operating express between Munsan and Yongsan and then continuing as local trains on the Jungang Line to Deokso, Paldang, or Yongmun.
- Jungang Line express services, operating express between Yongsan and Jipyeong and then continuing as local trains on the Gyeongui Line to Susaek or Munsan.
GY: Gyeongui Express Line (via the Yongsan Line)
GS: Gyeongui Express Line (via the Seoul Station branch)
J: Jungang Express Line
|●||stops at the station|
|｜||does not stop at the station|
|▲||limited service (only some trains stop)|
|Digital Media City||디지털미디어시티||디지털미디어시티||●||●|
|Gajwa||가좌||加佐||｜||●||(for Seoul Station)|
|Hongik Univ.||홍대입구||弘大入口||●||No service|
Mugunghwa-ho, Saemaeul-ho, and ITX-Saemaeul services
Mugunghwa-ho and ITX-Saemaeul services
|Deokso||덕소||德沼||●||Mugunghwa-ho services (limited service)|
|Yangpyeong||양평||楊平||●|| Mugunghwa-ho and ITX-Saemaeul (limited service) services
|Yongmun||용문||龍門||●||Mugunghwa-ho and ITX-Saemaeul services (limited service)|
|Jipyeong||지평||砥平||No service||Mugunghwa-ho services (limited service)|
Seoul Station BranchEdit
|P313||Seoul Station||서울역||首爾驛|| |
Mugunghwa-ho and ITX-Saemaeul services