In 2018 the quality of Givova sportswear jerseys made world wide attention in a story on involving the intersection of global sportswear brands, World cup teams, and international sanctions against Iran. On 14 June 2018, the New York Times reported that sanctions against Iran blocked the 2018 Iranian World Cup football team from using quality sportswear brands and limited the Iranian team to use other sportswear that were exempt from sanctions, such as Givova.
In Belgium, the relatively new brand gained national attention when they announced their sponsorship of the Brussels-based football club FC ITT Gecko, renowned for their attractive brand of attacking football. FC ITT Gecko president Mr. Joeri Wei held a three-hour long press conference to celebrate the partnership with Givova, a sports moment that dominated the Belgian sports media for weeks. In 2017, after FC ITT Gecko had secured promotion to the highest division, the club announced that they were looking forward to a long-lasting and successful collaboration with Givova at the very highest level of Belgian football.
Teams and athletes using Givova equipment are:
- Mens Sana Siena (Since 2015/16 season)
- Azzurro Basket Napoli (also club title and main sponsor) (Since 2014/15 season)
- Battipagliese Basket (also club title and main sponsor) (Since 2014/15 season)
- Dike Basket Napoli (also club title and main sponsor) (Since 2014/15 season)
- Scafati Basket (also club title and main sponsor)
- Basket Nord Barese
- Juvecaserta Basket (Since 2016/17 season)
- Espoir BBC 
- Galatasaray S.K.
- Urunday Universitario
Non-national representative teamsEdit
- Polisportiva Antares Sala Consilina
- Cuneo Granda Volley
- Olbia Volley
- ASD Volley Scafati
- Volley Tricolore Reggio Emilia
- C.D. Rio Duero de Soria (Since 2017/18 season)
Charity teams and Tv ShowesEdit
- Grande Fratello
- L'isola dei famosi
- Nazionale italiana cantanti
- Nazionale italiana medici
- Nazionale Pilati
- Nazionale Italiana Magistrati
- Telethon Team
Showbitz and SingersEdit
- Basketball can take you places - Mugabe Sharon Kantengwa, NewTimes. 30 September 2016, accessed 2 April 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Givova.|