This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)
Hapoel Ra'anana Association Football Club (Hebrew: עמותת הפועל רעננה מחלקת כדורגל, Amutat Hapoel Ra'anana Mahleket Kaduregel) is an Israeli football club based in the city of Ra'anana. They currently play in Liga Alef North, the third division of the Israeli Football League.
|Full name||Hapoel Ra'anana Association Football Club|
|Founded||1938 as Hapoel Ra'anana F.C.|
1972 as Hapoel Ra'anana A.F.C.
|Ground||Karnei Oren Memorial Field, Ra'anana, Israel|
|League||Liga Alef North|
|2021–22||Liga Leumit, 15th (relegated)|
The modern club was established in 1972, and in the mid-1990s was playing in Liga Gimel, the lowest tier of Israeli football. In 1995 they started a remarkable period of success after they won their division of Liga Gimel and were promoted to Liga Bet. In 1997–98, they won Liga Bet South A division and were promoted to Liga Alef. In 1998–99 they won the North Division of Liga Alef to earn promotion to Liga Artzit. After finishing third in 1999–2000, they won the league the following season and were promoted to Liga Leumit.
In 2008–09, the club was promoted to the Israeli Premier League for the first time in their history. However, they had to play its home matches at Hapoel Kfar Saba's Levita Stadium, as its home ground, the Karnei Oren Memorial Field, did not meet Premier League requirements. In January 2010, the city council published plans for a 7,500-capacity new stadium in Lev HaPark neighborhood.
After three seasons in Liga Leumit, in 2012–13, Ra'anana finished runners-up and were promoted again to the Israeli Premier League. In the 2015–16 season, the club achieved its best placing to date, when they finished sixth in the Israeli Premier League.
- As of 1 August 2021
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Owner: Municipality of Ra'anana
- President: Asher Alon, Damian Rotman
- Chairman: Ilan Katz
- Manager (interim): Gal Cohen
- Assistant Manager: Dani Bondar
Academy Coaching StaffEdit
- Youth Academy Director: Ami Vazana
- Under 23 Coach: Ronny Keidar
- Eli Cohen (2006 – Feb 28, 2010)
- Tzvika Tzemah (April 1, 2010 – July 19, 2010)
- Eyal Lachman (May 1, 2010 – Oct 18, 2011)
- Meni Koretski (July 1, 2013– May 10, 2014)
- Haim Silvas (May 10, 2014– May 2017)
- Dudu Avraham (May 2017- September 2017)
- Guy Levy (September 2017- October 2017)
- Meni Koretski (October 2017-December 2019)
- Nisso Avitan (December 2019-February 2020)
- Eyal Lachman (February 2020-July 2020)
- Gal Cohen (July 2020-)
- About Hapoel Ra'anana (in Hebrew)