Gazprombank (Russian: Газпромбанк), or GPB (JSC), is a private-owned Russian bank, the third largest bank in the country by assets.
|Andrey Akimov (CEO) |
Alexei Miller (Chairman)
|Revenue||392,479,000,000 Russian ruble (2017)|
|RUB 112 billion (2015)|
|RUB 47.7 billion (2015)|
|Total assets||RUB 5.122 trillion (2015)|
|Total equity||RUB 530.4 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
|Rating||Ba2 (Moody's), BB+ (S&P), BB+ (Fitch) (2017)|
The bank’s principal business areas are corporate banking, retail banking, investment banking and depository services. Its banking activities also include securities trading, foreign exchange operations, precious metals operations, clearing operations and settlement services.
The bank has a distribution network of 43 branches and over 260 banking outlets located throughout the Russian Federation. GPB also has ownership interests in three other Russian banks. In addition, Gazprombank is represented in the markets of Belarus and Switzerland through ownership interests in two foreign banks: Belgazprombank (Belarus) and Gazprombank (Switzerland) Ltd. Gazprombank also has representative offices in Mongolia, China and India.
The bank was nominated in 2014 for the annual Emerging Market Bond Awards, hosted by EuroWeek.
In July 2014, the United States Department of Treasury imposed sanctions on Gazprombank OAO that prohibit U.S. citizens from providing it with new financing. In response, Gazprombank contracted former U.S. Senator Trent Lott to lobby on its behalf against the sanctions.
As of December 2011:
Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Alexei Miller (Chairman, Deputy Chairman of Gazprom, Chairman of the Management Committee of Gazprom, CEO of Gazprom, former Deputy Minister of Energy of Russia)
Chairman of the Management Board
- Andrey Akimov (Chairman of the Management Board)
List of affiliated persons of Gazprombank (as of December 31, 2011):
References and notesEdit
- "Рейтинг крупнейших компаний России по объему реализации продукции". Expert RA. Archived from the original on 28 October 2018. Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- "Рейтинг банков - 2017 (таблица)". Forbes.ru. 23 March 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- Barnett, Ryan. "Gazprombank shortlisted by EuroWeek for 'Deals of the Year 2013'". CISTRAN Finance. 1/29/14. Retrieved 2/5/14.
- U.S. Department of Treasury. "Announcement of Treasury Sanctions on Entities Within the Financial Services and Energy Sectors of Russia, Against Arms or Related Materiel Entities, and those Undermining Ukraine's Sovereignty" 7/16/2014. Retrieved 7/31/2014.
- Cohen, Alexander (September 2, 2014). "Russian bank hires two former U.S. senators". Center for Public Integrity. Archived from the original on September 15, 2014. Retrieved September 21, 2014.
- "Information in Russian from the official web site of Gazprombank)" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-09-07. Retrieved 2012-02-01.