Gaon Album Chart
Gaon Album Chart, part of Gaon Music Chart, is a national chart that ranks the best-selling albums, including mini and single albums, in South Korea, provided by the Korea Music Content Industry Association. It has been tracking sales since the beginning of 2010 and launched in February the same year as part of the Gaon Music Chart. The chart compiles domestic shipments in weekly, monthly and year-end format.
In February 2011, it published information on both online and offline albums sales of 2010, including a detailed breakdown of online chart data and was the first time that offline album sales was released since 2008 when the Music Industry Association of Korea stopped compiling data.
Gaon Music Chart, launched in February 2011, was part of the efforts of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korea Music Content Industry Association to create a national chart for Korea similar to the Billboard charts and Oricon charts. The chart tracks sales according to online and offline data provided by web-based music providers: Bugs, Olleh Music, Melon, Genie, Cyworld, Monkey3, Daum Music, Naver Music, Mnet and Soribada; and record distributors: LOEN Entertainment, CJ E&M Music and Live, KT Music, Sony Music Korea, Neowiz Internet, Universal Music Korea, and Warner Music Korea.
Achievement by artistsEdit
- Han, Sang-hee (23 February 2010). "Korea Launches First Official Music Charts Gaon". The Korea Times. The Korea Times. Archived from the original on 4 August 2010. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Gaon Album Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Archived from the original on 26 March 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "Super Junior's 4th Album Ranked Top-Seller of 2010" Chosun Ilbo. 8 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-17
- "Korea launches integrated K-pop music chart GAON" 10 Asia. 23 February 2010. Retrieved 2011-11-17
- "2011년 Album Chart"
- "2012년 Album Chart"
- "2013년 Album Chart"
- "2014년 Album Chart"
- "2015년 Album Chart"
- "2016년 Album Chart"
- "2017년 Album Chart"
- "2018년 Album Chart"
- "2020년 05월 Album Chart"
- "Super Junior's New Album Sells Over 330,000 Copies". KBS Global. 14 August 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2013.