Fort Wayne, IN Metropolitan Statistical Area
The Fort Wayne, IN Metropolitan Statistical Area is a federally designated metropolitan area consisting of three counties in northeastern Indiana (Allen, Wells, and Whitley counties), anchored by the city of Fort Wayne. As of the 2010 census, the MSA had a population of 416,257 (though a July 1, 2011 estimate placed the population at 419,453). The Fort Wayne metropolitan area is part of the Northern Indiana region, containing about 2.2 million people, and is considered part of the Great Lakes Megalopolis, which contains an estimated 59 million people.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Places with more than 100,000 inhabitantsEdit
- Fort Wayne (Principal city)
Places with 10,000 to 100,000 inhabitantsEdit
Places with 1,000 to 10,000 inhabitantsEdit
- Columbia City
- Markle (partial)
- South Whitley
Places with less than 1,000 inhabitantsEdit
Census-designated places (CDPs)Edit
Combined Statistical AreaEdit
As of February 2013[update], the Fort Wayne–Huntington–Auburn Combined Statistical Area (CSA) is made up of eight counties. The statistical area includes one metropolitan area and five micropolitan areas. As of the 2012 Census estimate, the CSA has a population of 616,785.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas". U.S. Census Bureau. July 1, 2011. Archived from the original on October 20, 2013. Retrieved Oct 19, 2013.
- "US Census QuickFacts". Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- United States Census Bureau. "Census of Population and Housing". Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- "Fort Wayne-Huntington-Auburn, IN Combined Statistical Area" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2014-05-05. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- "Table 2. Annual Estimates of the Population of Combined Statistical Areas: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012" (CSV). 2012 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. March 2013. Retrieved June 25, 2013.