Springfield Township, Allen County, Indiana
Springfield Township is one of twenty townships in Allen County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 4,349. The principal town in Springfield Township is the village of Harlan.
Location of Springfield Township in Allen County, Indiana
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.37 sq mi (91.60 km2)|
|• Land||35.30 sq mi (91.43 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.17 km2)|
|Elevation||820 ft (250 m)|
|• Density||123/sq mi (47.6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453864|
Springfield Township covers an area of 35.37 square miles (91.60 km2); 0.066 square miles (0.17 km2), or 0.19 percent of this is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township is adjacent to these Indiana townships:
- Cedar Creek (west)
- Maumee (southeast)
- Milan (southwest)
- Scipio (east)
- Jackson Township, DeKalb County (northwest)
- Newville Township, DeKalb County (northeast)
- Spencer Township, DeKalb County (north)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Springfield township, Allen County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 26, 2013.